FEL stop bumper

/ FEL stop bumper #11  
Some pics of the rock sling in action. Am finishing the stone wall on the side of the driveway. These were pulled out of the bank the wall holds back by the back hoe.

Older thread, I know, but can you tell me how you remove the sling once the rock is placed on your wall?

/ FEL stop bumper #12  
How about this for a rock sling (excuse the lousy drawing). The advantage of this is you don't have to pick the rock up or roll it. The bottom has a hook that will allow you to adjust it to fit. For added security you could also add another wrap half way up the verticals with another hook.

The vertical links should be chain, shown as straight lines...

Rock sling.JPG

/ FEL stop bumper #13  
That hood ornament looks like the hells angel emblem. Real cool!!!

/ FEL stop bumper #14  
Older thread, I know, but can you tell me how you remove the sling once the rock is placed on your wall?

Good Afternoon 5030,
That rock sling was a great idea ! I have often used a set of old chains to move boulders but that sling looks like the ticket. Im thinking he releases the sling and then lifts his FEL up, the only problem with that is the boulder is going to move to another spot. Maybe ACHINBAC will jump in here and enlighten us ! :)

MWB's idea looks good for placing the boulders in one spot without having the rock move !

/ FEL stop bumper
Guys - the sling gets the rock up on the wall close to where it belongs, and in most cases only one chain is trapped. The rock can be rolled off the chain and set. Most of the rocks in the wall were managable by hand though. Our property is a real boneyard - planting a shrub usually results in pile of rocks. I built the sling for the ones I didn't want to roll in the bucket for fear of bagging out the lip. Most of our rocks end up in a pile at the bottom of the drive.

By the way, the hood ornament is from J&P the Harley catalog. It actually belongs on the front fender of an FLH. When I saw it I knew where it had to go. The bottom was ground to match the curve of the hood and 2 high intensity LEDs were installed behind the eyes.

12+" so far and still coming down today near the Cape and some quality tractor time after lunch.

Dave