FEL whacking things when backing up.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #12  
Just today I snagged my chain link fence with FEL while backing out of the yard trying to avoid propane tank , **it happens

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #13  
I take the FEL off when I’m not using it. It only takes a minute to do and significantly reduces the turning circle.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #14  
As others have said, take the bucket off when doing the kind of work where a greater chance of contact exists. I always have ear protection on and usually with music playing. I don't believe not having them would have prevented this from happening.
I constantly have my head on a swivel when backing up to ensure the loader does not contact anything I don't want it to. Took one minor hit to my fence to teach me the lesson.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #15  
My tractor with its FEL, grapple and HD rear blade would cause SERIOUS damage to my house or out buildings. I just do not use the tractor for any project - in or around my yard - close in.

Several years ago I was plowing snow in my yard. Back up to my carport - drop the rear blade - drive forward. My foot slipped off the clutch - the new doors on one of my carport bays don't really look that bad. Man - that rear blade wiped out the existing doors - like nobodies business.

Live and learn..........

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #16  
I take the FEL off when I’m not using it. It only takes a minute to do and significantly reduces the turning circle.
Ditto in this age of quick attach/detach loaders & front attachments the number of people that operate FEL boom with QA attachments raised 45° or more in the air. I'll guess raised FEL boom causes tractor to bounce more than if FEL was not present.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #18  
I had air pods in my ears on both of these incidents, just got them for Christmas.
I am thinking with these noise cancellation air pods as it immerses you in Sound, made me not pay attention to my surroundings!
Uh... yeah... turns out the FEL bucket can give the barn corner quite a backhand even without noise cancellation air pods.

Though, the air pods would probably have improved my auditory experience.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #19  
I was sick with a cold or somesuch and backing up a trailer in one of our horse aisles. Nailed a water line. Added an extra hour of work to a hot day.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #20  
I caught the corner of my shop with the FEL when backing up and ripped the metal loose. Did the same thing once to the metal on the overhead door opening. Those were expensive screw ups, so I'm more careful now.