Ferguson Plow... Opinions

/ Ferguson Plow... Opinions
Diamondpilot said:
I just bought a used King Kutter 2 bottom plow for $150. It cant be more than 10 years old and still has the paint on it. I guess I got a good deal.

Chris

Mornin Chris,
Have you used it yet ? And if you have are you happy with the results ?

/ Ferguson Plow... Opinions #12  
Mornin' Scott!

I believe it was BobG that posted a link to a source for those points. SOMEONE on here did anyway. They're not the most common parts you'll ever go searching for, which seems odd to me. Lots of guys looking for them.

I try to stick with plows using modern "economy bottoms" with the shin seperate from the moldboard. Even those are getting hard to find parts for nowdays.

I MIGHT rebuild one more plow. I'd like to find a 3X14" or 3X12" #43 Massey Ferguson high clearance plow. No more plowing than I'll ever do, my #66 should last all of my days.

In time, as plows in GOOD condition get harder to find, I look for their value to climb more than any other old implement.

Farmwithjunk said:
Mornin' Scott!

I believe it was BobG that posted a link to a source for those points. SOMEONE on here did anyway. They're not the most common parts you'll ever go searching for, which seems odd to me. Lots of guys looking for them.

Mornin Bill,
Thanks ! I will PM Bob when I get a chance !

/ Ferguson Plow... Opinions #14  
Scott, try this Implements forum (forum for Ford NSeries tractors). The place I got mine from was a New Holland dealer near Pittsburg--NOTE: All decent New Holland dealers can order you your points/shears, tail wheels, etc., the the dealer in Pitts. was by far the cheapest and shipped within a day, as they had the points in stock). Not sure if this is Kosher, but here's the link to the Implements forum....Implements Forum

Good luck! BobG in VA

Afternoon Bob,
Thankyou very much ! I will definitely give that a try and really appreciate all your help !!! :)

/ Ferguson Plow... Opinions #16  
mikedeere said:
Schmism I happen to have the draw bar for that plow. I live 30mi. west of St. Louis. PM me if you are interested. You can have it if you come and get it.

ya id love it... mine came with a draw bar, but its the wrong size, its 1.75" in diam and the ubolt spaceing on the dearborn is 1.5" if i remember correctly...

currently i used my straight hole'd drawbar from TSC and used it passing 1 side of the U bolt through the hole in the draw bar. not perfect i know but it worked for me....:cool: (sorta)

so ya id love the correct one.

shooting you a PM

/ Ferguson Plow... Opinions #17  
schism I just went out and measured mine 1.75. are you sure that yours is 1.50? I`had two of them both were the same? Give me a call anyway if you want

/ Ferguson Plow... Opinions #18  
I was just at a yard sale about a mile from my house.. he had a one bottom plow laying there, I offered him five bucks less than his price tag. He said yes.. Then he said I have the second bottom off of it over in the garage and the other colter is at my other place..I said if you can get it all together I will give you the asking price of 15 bucks.. yeah some say I can find a bargain.. I am not sure who made it.. and I will not be picking it up for a few days..

/ Ferguson Plow... Opinions #19  
scott_vt said:
Mornin Chris,
Have you used it yet ? And if you have are you happy with the results ?

I have nothing to compare it to but it did great. I plowed in a field with 1 1/2 foot tall grass and it ran right through it. I set it up according to the manual. I had it on the back of my Jinma 254 and I used 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. I also took one plow off and trenched in some copper for my neighbors propane tank. All in all its a good unit. I am not a big fan of King Kutter stuff, I have a 5' finish mower that is junk, but the price on this plow was right and it was in good shape with the manual.

Chris

Mornin Guys,
Well finally stopped playin phone tag with the guy and got hooked up with him, made an offer of $150, he countered with $175 and we finally settled on $160 :) Its mine now, good bad or otherwise ! ;) I did some pokin around on it, it does indeed have a Dearborn tag on it, I used some fine emory on the tag and I believe Im readin Model 10-8. Anybody have a clue on that ? I havent extracted the serial # yet but I will !

Also I checked the pin diameters for the lower arm hookups and Im getting .830- .840 approx. The standard pin should be 7/8" I believe, was that diameter smaller years ago or are they just worn from use and rust ?

Anyway heres a couple of pics of low budget farming at its best ! ;) :)

Attachments

• DCP_0610.JPG
    DCP_0610.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 406
  • DCP_0611.JPG
    DCP_0611.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 314
  • DCP_0612.JPG
    DCP_0612.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 281