Field claims yet another tractor!!!

/ Field claims yet another tractor!!! #41  
We use to use a danforth boat anchor when there were no trees around , dig a hole and bury the anchor attached to the winch cable . Worked 8 out of 10 times .

I've heard about this method before and wondered if it would work in our soil, which is more loose and wet (peat bog). I'm thinking it would with a smaller tractor but not so sure about mine (8000 lbs). What kind of soil have you tried it in?

/ Field claims yet another tractor!!! #42  
We use to do it at the beach with jeeps all the time . But we have done it in sandy , clay loam and some wet mud . Pulling out bobcats and 1 mid size mini ex .We had a 10K warn winch . We did fasten a chain to the other side of the anchor to pull it back out after loosing one about 3 ft down . A friend of mine has those big 18 wheeler wreckers and he keeps an anchor on each one and they dont get used often , but when the need arises they can save the day .

Bigger machine needs a bigger anchor and a bigger winch

/ Field claims yet another tractor!!! #43  
On a sandy beach, bury the spare tire or a log;

p065b.gif

/ Field claims yet another tractor!!! #45  
Tractor stuck in mud: http://youtu.be/MF8lKBy5flU
Or you can try it this way, just use caution.

That's pretty cool. He basically turned that tree stem into one ridge/tooth on a track. I'll have to remember that one.

The last time I got stuck in the mud I was able to lift and walk the rear of the tractor over enough with the backhoe to get on solid ground. That usually works and I usually have the backhoe on if working in dirt, but ya never know.

/ Field claims yet another tractor!!! #46  
That's pretty cool. He basically turned that tree stem into one ridge/tooth on a track. I'll have to remember that one.

The last time I got stuck in the mud I was able to lift and walk the rear of the tractor over enough with the backhoe to get on solid ground. That usually works and I usually have the backhoe on if working in dirt, but ya never know.

You just have to be very careful, you can easily get hurt or tear up your tractor.

/ Field claims yet another tractor!!! #48  
Hmm.. I actually learned something there... Thank You!:thumbsup:

Mentioned in my post #26 (hurdles), but I didn't find a photo or video, so it didn't happen. :)

Bruce

/ Field claims yet another tractor!!! #49  
Hmm.. I actually learned something there... Thank You!:thumbsup:

You're welcome, but be sure and thank Cajun Jack or whatever his name is on the YouTube comments.

/ Field claims yet another tractor!!! #50  
Call this guy

Attachments

• Sno-cat 1.jpg
    Sno-cat 1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 170
  • sno-cat 2.jpg
    sno-cat 2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 158