Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,511  
As usual...missing the point. No offense.
Uh...yes...WE need to change...not China!
Some people here may be moving there.
Of course, no need for that...they'll overtake us without firing a shot.
The point is, as far as pound for pound pollution, on average, each American's share is still twice as much as each Chinese person's share. It used to be even more. So we have a long way to go, as do they. So kinda the pot calling the kettle black every time someone in the U.S. complains that the Chinese are allowed to get away with polluting/CO2, etc.

Read the list.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,512  
The point is, as far as pound for pound pollution, on average, each American's share is still twice as much as each Chinese person's share. It used to be even more. So we have a long way to go, as do they. So kinda the pot calling the kettle black every time someone in the U.S. complains that the Chinese are allowed to get away with polluting/CO2, etc.

Read the list.
Gee, do you think that just maybe there is a chance that it is because of a much higher standard of living for everyone is this country.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,513  
Gee, do you think that just maybe there is a chance that it is because of a much higher standard of living for everyone is this country.
Sure. And don't you think everyone else in the world want's to achieve that same standard?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,514  
Sure. And don't you think everyone else in the world want's to achieve that same standard?
To put it rather bluntly, I don't give a damn about them. I see absolutely no reason to down grade our standard of living to raise theirs.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,515  
To put it rather bluntly, I don't give a damn about them. I see absolutely no reason to down grade our standard of living to raise theirs.
That's the attitude the entire rest of the world sees when looking at the U.S., not just China.

We've consumed the most of any nation in history, and now they want their share. Because of that, something is gonna change, wether we want it to or not.

That's just the facts. Tick off enough people, and you're soon alone.

Capitalism promotes trade and industry for profit. Capitalism allows our country's natural resources to be practically given to away and sold on the open market, allows factory owners to locate their factories anywhere they want to take advantage of cheap labor, allows importing of products, allows privatization of the energy industry, and allows farmers and other land owners to lease their lands for solar installations as they see fit.

So if you're for Capitalism, you should support those land owners' rights to do as they please, and lease to solar companies.

Pretty amazing as I read TBN for 20+ years all the adamant believers in property owner rights, until they don't like what's going on over at the neighbor's place. Then those rights no longer matter. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,516  

Read the list.
Well...since you're so pro-China, anti-America giving pollution statics per person (???) how about this: we import 1/2$trillion from China while exporting $158B to them. Since the US and China are roughly the same size yet over 4X the population. Following the "pollution per person logic", shouldn't WE be exporting 4X to China?
The solution is if the US taxed Chinese imports so that Made in USA was a better choice not only would it benefit us, the tax could be used helping pay down our debt. China also owes us a LOT ($.85T) and they mainly import electronics stealing our intellectual property.
All Americans are guilty of buying made in China because it's cheap...but it's going to bite us in the end.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,517  
I got an idea, we could just open the border so millions more people can contribute more carbon dioxide. Oh, we already did that. This world is not and never will be fair, that's why there are locks on your doors.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,518  
That's the attitude the entire rest of the world sees when looking at the U.S., not just China.

We've consumed the most of any nation in history, and now they want their share. Because of that, something is gonna change, wether we want it to or not.

That's just the facts. Tick off enough people, and you're soon alone.

Capitalism promotes trade and industry for profit. Capitalism allows our country's natural resources to be practically given to away and sold on the open market, allows factory owners to locate their factories anywhere they want to take advantage of cheap labor, allows importing of products, allows privatization of the energy industry, and allows farmers and other land owners to lease their lands for solar installations as they see fit.

So if you're for Capitalism, you should support those land owners' rights to do as they please, and lease to solar companies.

Pretty amazing as I read TBN for 20+ years all the adamant believers in property owner rights, until they don't like what's going on over at the neighbor's place. Then those rights no longer matter. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Well I had to go back to post #3 of this thread for my thoughts on private property;
I feel sorry for your daughter. We have had several large scale solar projects in our area the last couple of years, they are installed on good agriculture lands.
I have several very mixed feelings on this type of project. I believe that they should be installed on marginal ground, pasture , brush lots and such not on good arable ground.
Also the appearance of these things is not the nicest view in the world.
Then we have the other side;
it is their property, it is theirs to do with as they see fit, they are the ones paying the taxes on that property, they are trying to make some money off their property.
It is private property what right does someone have to tell property owners what to do with their private property.

Besides look at the bright side it could be a 5000 head hog farm, or 20,000 unit poultry setup.
I strongly believe in Capitalism, I also believe in strong borders and restricting Foreign investment in this country.
USA first and foremost.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,519  
Well...since you're so pro-China, anti-America giving pollution statics per person (???) how about this: we import 1/2$trillion from China while exporting $158B to them. Since the US and China are roughly the same size yet over 4X the population. Following the "pollution per person logic", shouldn't WE be exporting 4X to China?
The solution is if the US taxed Chinese imports so that Made in USA was a better choice not only would it benefit us, the tax could be used helping pay down our debt. China also owes us a LOT ($.85T) and they mainly import electronics stealing our intellectual property.
All Americans are guilty of buying made in China because it's cheap...but it's going to bite us in the end.
I'm not pro China and I'm not anti-American. Facts are facts. We pollute more than them on a per-person basis. Poorer nations want to raise their standard of living. That's the way it's always been.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,520  
Fantastic reasoning Moss! I like how you reason things out .
So the Earth swimming pool has 100 people in it. There are four times as many Chinese as Americans yet the Chinese only urinate twice as much as Americans which proves Americans urinate more than the Chinese.
Well...that's good to know! Thanks for sharing and now I feel much cleaner about swimming in the pool!
I like how you think!...NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.