Ballast Filling tires for added wieght

/ Filling tires for added wieght #21  
Freezing won't bust out a tire. There is enough give in the rubber to take any minor swelling from ice. So worst that can happen if the water freezes, is a thump - bump ride. If that would happen, I'd just not use the tractor until it warmed up. :)

But a bit of anti-freeze will leave you with a slushy, and that will just slosh around and not give you any problem with normal use.

I can see a completely full tire of water freeze and possibly hurt the tire. But when you fill it 70% full of liquid, then add air....wouldn't the water freezing just compress the air that amount? I would love to load:cool: my tires, but it would overgross my trailer.:eek: Maybe 2010 will let me get a 10 ton trailer, then I could load my tires.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

/ Filling tires for added wieght #22  
I think the problem is , that the ice breaks up into shards inside the tire/tube whilst driving and does damage . It's not that the ice expands and blows the tire .

/ Filling tires for added wieght #23  
I think the problem is , that the ice breaks up into shards inside the tire/tube whilst driving and does damage . It's not that the ice expands and blows the tire .

Okay, I can see the deal with a tube getting punctured.
hugs, Brandi

/ Filling tires for added wieght #24  
I've got a Kubota M7040, and a ranch near Trinity...north of you. I recently got the TSC adapter and put just water in the tires. This recent cold spell, I did take the tractor to Tomball, my residence, and put in a unheated shed. Tires did not freeze. I sat a milk jug on my work bench with water in it, to see if it froze...it did not.

From what you described, I think with you keeping the tractor in a shed, you won't have issues with just water. And if concerned put a halogen work light under the tractor between the tires on really cold spells. I did that the first night, but when I saw the milk jug not froze, I didn't bother the next night.

/ Filling tires for added wieght #25  

That is exactly what happens. Those shards will cut a tube to shreds. I know from experience.

/ Filling tires for added wieght #26  
Rim Guard is a real good solution. it will not rust your rims and it would be the only thing you ever need to put in the tires

Here is a toll free number to call and find out where your local representative is located 1-866-792-3700

as for the other choices forget them.

Charlie

Charlie, believe it or not Rim Guard is not an option for everyone. Where I am, when I checked on getting it, ( I agree that it is the best thing to have) there were NO dealers for it. To have it shipped in more than doubled the already expensive cost. :eek: So to forget about everything else is not always economically feasible. :(

/ Filling tires for added wieght #27  
I can see a completely full tire of water freeze and possibly hurt the tire. But when you fill it 70% full of liquid, then add air....wouldn't the water freezing just compress the air that amount? I would love to load:cool: my tires, but it would overgross my trailer.:eek: Maybe 2010 will let me get a 10 ton trailer, then I could load my tires.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

Brandi, do you move your tractor that much? Working for others? :confused: If you have never operated a tractor without and then with the tires filled (same tractor) You can hardly believe the difference. It is like operating a different machine. I have all 4 tires of both my 7520 and 3215 filled, it is just too big of a difference when doing ground work to not have them filled.

/ Filling tires for added wieght #28  
Brandi, do you move your tractor that much? Working for others? :confused: If you have never operated a tractor without and then with the tires filled (same tractor) You can hardly believe the difference. It is like operating a different machine. I have all 4 tires of both my 7520 and 3215 filled, it is just too big of a difference when doing ground work to not have them filled.
Brian,
I do move it a lot on the trailer.:) I plan on doing more "outside" work this year with it. One pond for sure and maybe another pond are two of the jobs that need trailering.:D Just waiting for a dry spell here.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

/ Filling tires for added wieght #29  
Rear tires filled on my 3510, let air out, poured 2 gals. anti-freeze in each with funnel,(yep, it is slow process, but cheap), then added water with the mentioned adaptor. Anti-freeze not so much for freezing tires, mostly for rims not corroding.

/ Filling tires for added wieght
Thats what i had in mind, about 2-3 gals of antifreeze and then fill with water, i checked on rim guard, its hard to get in my area, closest place is North of Dallas, so i will be using water, the dealer i bought it from said thats what alot of people do in our area. Maybe have to get me a bigger trailer next, already close to maxing out with what i got.