Filling Tires

/ Filling Tires #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
So I am still waiting for my LS MT125 and I enjoy reading all these posts since I cannot be working on my yard tasks yet. I see that some people have their tires filled. Would that be beneficial to a MT125 that is equipped with a FL and BH? Seems like that would be enough weight already. Just asking.

/ Filling Tires #2  
I had all four filled with beet squeezin's. Cost me a few bucks to do the fronts, but they rears were 'free'. I have lots of slopes and I wanted as much weight as low as possible.

/ Filling Tires #3  
Traction and stability. Get them filed, you wont regret it.

/ Filling Tires #4  
My MT240 with FEL & BH has no problem with traction or stability (Not a lot of steep hills here or where I use it) and I use it across a lot of my back yard, so I have not filled the tires. You may not need it either, everyone's situation and use is different. If you still have haggling with the dealer to do, maybe go ahead and get them done in the price.

/ Filling Tires #5  
I've always had filled rear tires. Unfortunately - first tractor had NaCl/CaCl in the rears. What a PITA. Current tractor has rimguard in the rears. Not a moments problems. I DEFINITELY would recommend against NaCl/CaCl. To the extent - if salt solution were the only choice - I'd go unfilled.

Filled rears - great help in traction, stability & overall weight. Also - windshield washer fluid & RV antifreeze is available.

I chose rimguard because it's what the dealer recommended, it's the heaviest per gallon & it's what the dealer was setup to instal.

/ Filling Tires #6  
LS MT125 is a subcompact tractor with a bare tractor weight of 1,445 pounds.

You cannot add enough liquid to the dinky tires to accomplish anything constructive. The dinky tires mean the MT125 has a relatively low center of gravity, relative to heavier tractors with larger wheels and tires.

Let air suffice. The Backhoe is ample rear weight.

T-B-N ARCHIVE: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/tires/425678-ballasts-subcompact-tractors-loading-tires.html

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/335037-loading-tires-kubota-bx.html

Last edited:
   / Filling Tires #7  
Check your manual, many manufactures do not recommend liquid ballast when using a backhoe.
They may recommend rear ballast on it when using the loader without the backhoe.

/ Filling Tires #8  
You will add about 700lbs of rear weight using beat juice with that tire size. I wouldn't say that is a a lot of weight, but since your machine only weighs 1,444 dry, that is fairly light. Anything would help. Adding BJ to your rear tires will add stability, remove much of the bounce (especially when using the FEL), add traction, assist with lifting... I really dont see a down side. I have MUCH more weight on a larger tractor that I drive on my yard. It doesnt leave ruts. But soil types, moisture, etc,.. everyone's situation is different. For me, filling a tire, any tire on any tractor, is worth it.

/ Filling Tires #9  
You will add about 700lbs of rear weight using beat juice with that tire size. I wouldn't say that is a a lot of weight, but since your machine only weighs 1,444 dry, that is fairly light. Anything would help. Adding BJ to your rear tires will add stability, remove much of the bounce (especially when using the FEL), add traction, assist with lifting... I really dont see a down side. I have MUCH more weight on a larger tractor that I drive on my yard. It doesnt leave ruts. But soil types, moisture, etc,.. everyone's situation is different. For me, filling a tire, any tire on any tractor, is worth it.

What size tires are you using to get that kind of weight?
When I looked at a 26x12.00-12 I only see about 8 gallons and 89 pounds per tire per RimGuards charts.

/ Filling Tires #10  
You will add about 700lbs of rear weight using beat juice with that tire size.

LS MT125 Dimensions
2016 -
MT1 Series
Sub-Compact Utility tractor
Series: MT122 ← MT125
LS MT125 Tires
Lawn/turf front: 18x8.5-10
Lawn/turf rear: 26x12.0-12
Industrial front: 18x8.5-10
Industrial rear: 26x12.0-12

Dimensions
Wheelbase: 56 inches