Finally finished bucket hooks

/ Finally finished bucket hooks #1  

kevinj

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D
I got around to putting the last 2 hooks on. I have to get some more Chevy orange engine paint to finish up. The Kubota paint is not even close. Both Chevy orange and Allis orange match much better.

Attachments

• P5170006.JPG
    P5170006.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 622
  • P5170008.JPG
    P5170008.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 543
  • P5170009.JPG
    P5170009.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 629
   / Finally finished bucket hooks #2  
The hooks look great Kevin. Just bought some myself and will hopefully get them installed soon.

/ Finally finished bucket hooks #3  
NICE JOB. I've got 5 on mine{maybe over kill} not sure how I lived without them.

/ Finally finished bucket hooks #4  
Nice work. :)

It looks to me like you got 'old Kubota orange' instead of the new. Not sure about how they are labeled @ the local dealer, but TSC has them labeled as such. I've also found Chevy engine orange is very close.

/ Finally finished bucket hooks #5  
They look good Kevin.
You got them located in the right places too. Should make it easy for your chain work now.
I'm sure you know this, but if you're going to use the outboard ones, use both of them together so as not to place strain on only one fel arm. I don't have a hook in the middle like you, so I always use both hooks to distribute the load. I've got plenty of spare weld on grab hooks. I want to weld them to some of the implements so I can use the fel to rearrange them instead of having to hook them up to the 3pt.
Rob-

/ Finally finished bucket hooks #6  
I've got plenty of spare weld on grab hooks. I want to weld them to some of the implements so I can use the fel to rearrange them instead of having to hook them up to the 3pt.
Rob-

That's a great idea!

/ Finally finished bucket hooks
They look good Kevin.
You got them located in the right places too. Should make it easy for your chain work now.
I'm sure you know this, but if you're going to use the outboard ones, use both of them together so as not to place strain on only one fel arm. I don't have a hook in the middle like you, so I always use both hooks to distribute the load. I've got plenty of spare weld on grab hooks. I want to weld them to some of the implements so I can use the fel to rearrange them instead of having to hook them up to the 3pt.
Rob-

I am very aware of proper rigging which is why I had only the center ones on all this time. I recently needed to make a pick needing two points as well needing to lash an item into the bucket.

Good idea about hooks on implements. Some of mine rig well from the top link pin, my tiller has a lift eye, my big brush hog needs at least three point to balance.

I prefer an eye to a grab hook myself. One can get the threaded lift rated eye bolts and just drill a hole to fasten them or replace a bolt with one.