Tires finding wheels for an L225

/ finding wheels for an L225 #1  

Beaverplt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L225
Hi, I have a problem with the rear wheels on my L225. The rims have rusted out and need to be replaced. I haven't been able to find any. I have a feeling I'm not looking in the right places. Any help will be appreciated.

/ finding wheels for an L225 #2  
C.JPGD.JPGl225 4wdturf rearstractorforsale.jpgL225 2wd.jpg

Finding wheels for the L225 is not simple, especially if it has front wheel drive. Front and rear tire diameters need to be the right ratio. The L225DT owner's manual showed 16" rear rims with tall-rib ag tires. Many had turf tires. When my L225DT needed a rear wheel, I found a 16" John Deere implement wheel that was nearly identical. The bolt holes needed to be slightly reamed out to slip on. Not ideal, but it worked. If your machine is 2wd there may be more rear wheel/tire options because they're independent of the fronts.

Last edited:
   / finding wheels for an L225
Mine is a 2WD with liquid/air filled turf tires. I'll keep looking for a while and keep in mind your experience with a John Deere wheel. If there's any good news in this, it's that I need to do a brake job on it. This will be a good time to add that to the project list. BTW, you should see what the fluid that ran out did to my lawn.

Last edited:
Interesting update. According to TractorData.com the rear wheel size for the L225 is 9.5-24. Mine are 13.6-16.

/ finding wheels for an L225 #5  
Same tractors can have different rims depending on the tires mounted.
Ags might be one size while turfs another.
The rolling distance (circumference) is what counts especially for a 4 X 4.

Generally turfs will be wider and hence fatter thereby wanting a smaller rim than ags which generally are narrower.

Considering it's 2WD, I don't care whether I use Ag tires or turf tires. At this point, easier to find is going to be the way I'll go. Finding a turf tire and rim might be cheaper because I'd only replace one, but if I can't find the rim, I'll look for Ag's.

/ finding wheels for an L225 #7  
Beaverplt,

Did you consult your local Kubota dealership? It looks like the wheels are still available, but at a significant cost.

Looking at the parts listing on Kubota.com, it looks like there are different p/n's for left and right hand side. Not certain why, but that is the way they are listed.

34209-27910 LH ASY 9,5X24R1 $589.10
34209-27990 RH ASY 9.5X24R1 $818.85

The picture with item numbers on Kubota.com is very difficult to read, so it's possible I'm reading it incorrectly and suggest you verify yourself.

L225 Rear Wheel.jpg

I'm hoping to find used. $1,400 for new wheels is a bit steep for me.

/ finding wheels for an L225 #9  
How bad are they rusted? I welded up my neighbor's tractor wheels to repair rust around the valve stem and a few other areas due to corrosion (calcium filled wheels without tubes). Some of the patches were several inches in length /width. Held up for 5 years now. Look ugly but functional.

Fully agree the wheel price is crazy expensive. I bet that if you measure the mounting dimensions, it might be possible to match up with a newer tractor model.

Did you see the p/n (34209-27900) for the wheel assembly in the photo provided in the earlier link? Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the wheel and tire from Kubota than the tire alone. Couldn't verify the item number (023) in the photo to confirm it was the AG tire/wheel. Might be worth investigating though. Keep in mind it is often more economical to purchase complete tire/wheel assembly from wholegoods (sales side) versus going though parts.

Long shot...
M7040SUH/SUHD uses a 9.5-24 R1 for the front tire. Order Code AMR8955C with a suggested List price of $459.00 This is for the wheel and tire mounted ready to put on your tractor. You'll need to research the bolt pattern and other mounting info.

Last edited:
Where the wheel rusted through is on the inside of the wheel. It's a long section about 20" long and maybe 2" at it's widest. I won't know until I get it off how bad the rest of it is. Unfortunately, I have to finish a complete exhaust overhaul on my brother in law's Ford Escape to make room to get the tractor in the shop. Until then, I'll just have to start calling all the implement dealers in the area looking for a used one.