Finish mower for Toolcat

/ Finish mower for Toolcat #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
picking up a finish mower 72 inch for my Toolcat, the fellow also has a set of OEM turf tires and rims, couple questions, the unit was new in 2017 purchased with a machine, he found it too big a unit on the small acreage so moved to a zero turn, switched to regular rims and tires, in total figured less than 200 hours

anyone using this mower and if so cut in float? hoping to get it on the weekend and try it out

/ Finish mower for Toolcat #2  
The mower has float built into the frame so no, don't use float. I run mine all the way down with curl back enough to snug up the lift cables.

tcat mower 001_1.JPG
tcat mower 004_2.JPG

/ Finish mower for Toolcat
ruffdog, you have turf tires, how do you like them, this guy says he gets better traction in snow with them compared to the construction tires, do you switch tires on your machine or stay with the turf

/ Finish mower for Toolcat #4  
ruffdog, you have turf tires, how do you like them, this guy says he gets better traction in snow with them compared to the construction tires, do you switch tires on your machine or stay with the turf
I stay with turfs when I plow snow as I have flat land. If I needed traction, I would chain them up. Lets be real here, the tires are 29" tall and the ground clearance of the TC is not as good as a tractor. The weight helps but if you get off the drive and into the culvert ditch, it may get stuck. If you are behind a plow or blower, you can clear your way out of any snow though.

/ Finish mower for Toolcat #5  
ruffdog what is your opinion of the finish mower?

Any problems?

/ Finish mower for Toolcat #6  
I love my finish mower. With one exception. It's tough to see the right side of the mower. So I put a 2' whip antena right at the end of my mower and it makes it easy to see although the gnat it's been a fantastic machine. I also use turf tires. No problems even when blowing snow.

/ Finish mower for Toolcat
these mowers high flow, yes I know its selected by the mower when plugged in to the Toolcat but if one reduces RPM assuming not high flow if you use high flow you get the same speed of the blades for a lower rpm, less noise and less fuel

/ Finish mower for Toolcat #8  
The only problem I had was one of the deck wheels separated because the bolts came loose. The dealer was great and a new wheel assy was being shipped. I then put loc-tite on all the bolts that hold the split wheels together. I'm very impressed of the mower cut as it lays the clippings out nice. Also, I have yet to see clippings pile up on the bottom of the deck.

/ Finish mower for Toolcat #9  
I have the 90” finish mower, it’s covered over 600 acres since getting it!

/ Finish mower for Toolcat #10  
I have a 72" but it is not a Bobcat. I liked the push linkage and it was on close out sale. Not a good seller for a skid steer.
I do mow in Float Mode:

P3290002.JPG
P3290004.JPG
P3290005.JPG
P3290009.JPG