Fire Pit Idea Needed

/ Fire Pit Idea Needed #21  
Dammmmm I'm confused

A fire pit

with grass growing round

and the solution is to rip up the pavers, put in chemicals. plastic , crush rock, etc. etc..?

WTF

Build a fire! Burn them fookin weeds!

It's not rocket surgery!

/ Fire Pit Idea Needed #22  
I tried burning weeds in my gravel driveway big time one summer. Prob burned every weed 4x before I gave up and went to chemicals. My burning things like dandelion by the time the leafs die and disappear the thing has thrown up new shoots.

/ Fire Pit Idea Needed #23  
I put lava briquettes down. So far no weeds and the next fire will take care of any volunteers..

This is a smokeless fire pit. (Very little smoke)

IMG_2227.JPG

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

/ Fire Pit Idea Needed #24  
As I understand it, the paver area provides an area to sit close to the pit but that area has the grassy weeds (between pavers). My wife wanted a paver or flagstone area surrounding one of our pits but I talked her out of it. I didn't want to excavate the area for base grit or sand under the pavers, so we left it as is (lawn). Lawn chairs with narrow or no feet do sink in when it's wet in the spring but otherwise it's nice to mow around the pit and have an unlimited area to sit (lawn) compared to a paver pad. My lawn area looks like Wakey's (above), but I don't have a beautiful pit built like his. I have 3 fire pit areas, and each one is a short ring of field stone with a swing out cooking grate driven in at the edge.

/ Fire Pit Idea Needed #25  
I hate landscape fabric.
It's ideal for the professional landscaper who puts it down and things look great for at least a few months, but before you know it you've got weeds in the bark on top of it and coming up through holes that were inadvertently poked in it or between overlaps, and the landscaper is long gone.
Homeowner or someone they pay has to deal with it being under the dirt forever or try to get it out from under everything else.

Looks like you need
- weed whacker
- 400,000 BTU weed torch
- marshmallows & hot dogs
- wood

Use it. Occasionally use the trimmer and/or torch, or just mow over it and pretend you've got a lawn that's surprisingly stable for your chairs.