FIRE!

/ FIRE! #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
dont know if i ever posted any pics from our house burn last year.

I had hosted them on our website shortly after but never got around to building a page for them till now.

anyway found a few tractor related ones in there also.

a few teasers

the astute observer will note that after you have dumped 500 gal of water on the ground next to the house, it gets a smig soft.

that pile of ash you see, at the center of it is a pile of 4 mattresses that were on the second floor in a bedroom. a week later (after being gone on vac) i pushed that pile around with the FEL to find hot coals in the center hot enough to start dry brush on fire i piled on it. (on purpose)

find all the pics at http://www.snjschmidt.com/burn.html

/ FIRE! #2  
By the looks it didn't take long once the fire got going...I would have little seat pucker fifth pic. tho. ;)

/ FIRE! #3  
You should be ashamed, burning down a perfectly fine fixer-upper like that:D

Mark

/ FIRE! #4  
Interesting. In the pictures they have an engine drafting from the portaable pool, with a Tender filling it.

We have a similar porta pool on our Tender, but it has never been used. Cases like this, we usually wind up with multiple Tenders responding. We have five in our district(we cover a very large area), and the surrounding districts have at least one each. All are 2700-3000 gallon Tenders. The Tenders then pump to the Engines.

/ FIRE! #5  
I hope you thought to pull up the doorsills and baseboards/shoe molding before you burned it?? No telling what you might have found underneath them! Sometimes you find some nice silver coins, tokens, etc. under their.

/ FIRE!
Interesting. In the pictures they have an engine drafting from the portaable pool, with a Tender filling it.

this is standard procedure with a dump tank. The tender is free to dump its 3K gallons (in about 45 sec) into the waiting (nearly empty) 3500gal tank and return to get another load. (cutting 5-8 min out of the cycle time)

as our pumpers are setup with 6" hard suction we can easly draft 1000+ gal per min needed, were as a direct connection with 3" soft line to a tender will net you only about a 1/3 that.

/ FIRE! #7  
You should be ashamed, burning down a perfectly fine fixer-upper like that:D

Mark

I don't think he should be ashamed but burning down your house just to get a few action shots of his tractor is a little extreme.

/ FIRE! #8  
We're set up the same. I just have never seen this done in our area. I don't know why. We have a lot of area without hydrants. There are a number of Tenders locally though too. Will have to ask at training Wednesday.

this is standard procedure with a dump tank. The tender is free to dump its 3K gallons (in about 45 sec) into the waiting (nearly empty) 3500gal tank and return to get another load. (cutting 5-8 min out of the cycle time)

as our pumpers are setup with 6" hard suction we can easly draft 1000+ gal per min needed, were as a direct connection with 3" soft line to a tender will net you only about a 1/3 that.

/ FIRE! #9  
Wow, that could be turned into the flip book.