Firefox v3.0.1

/ Firefox v3.0.1 #1  

texbaylea

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader
I let Firefox v3.0.1 update be installed this morning and started having trouble with TBN and other sites. I began getting "Server timed out, try again" messages. I had this problem with earlier version but found that resetting the timeout value to 300 from 30 (secs) solved it. I cannot find a place to make the change with the current version and have not been able to find any answers on the web.

Suggestions?

I may have to remove and go back a version.

Vernon

/ Firefox v3.0.1 #2  
I'm not having timeout problems running v.3.0.1, but it appears others are. The FF forums are full of complaints and there doesen't appear to be a fix. the previous fix in about:config no longer works because the string network.http.keep-alive.timeout is not valid in this version from what i saw.

Have you tried the obvious and disabled all add-ons? Are you connecting wireless, because there appears to be a problem with timing out on wireless too.

Some are having luck by rolling back to version 3.0.0. Hope that helps.

/ Firefox v3.0.1 #3  
I have noticed this as well but the problem comes and goes...

I'm on DSL connected by wire.

I figured it was just the normal network ickiness....

Good to know its Firefox.

Later,
Dan

/ Firefox v3.0.1 #4  
I had a few time outs yesterday. I thought it was from MS updating. MS slows me down on a dial up. It takes about 3-4 hours to download.
FF should have a fix soon. They address problems quickly.

/ Firefox v3.0.1
Scooby074 said:
I'm not having timeout problems running v.3.0.1, but it appears others are. The FF forums are full of complaints and there doesen't appear to be a fix. the previous fix in about:config no longer works because the string network.http.keep-alive.timeout is not valid in this version from what i saw.

Have you tried the obvious and disabled all add-ons? Are you connecting wireless, because there appears to be a problem with timing out on wireless too.

Some are having luck by rolling back to version 3.0.0. Hope that helps.

I connect to my router by wireless plus the connection to my provider is wireless but I was not having this problem until the update. Now it happens about every other page change.

Now to find Firefox 3.0.0

/ Firefox v3.0.1
Scooby074 said:
All versions of FF: Download Firefox 3.0.1 - FileHippo.com

Before you roll back have you disabled all add ons? Frequently they are not 100% compatible with updates right away. Might be worth a shot.

I tried disabling the add-ons, seemed to be a slight help. Thanks for reminding me of FileHippo.

Vernon

/ Firefox v3.0.1 #8  
is 3.0 still beta? i'm still running 2.0 (2.0.0.16) and there has been no automatic update to 3.0. sounds like I don't really want it.

/ Firefox v3.0.1 #9  
3.0.1 is the current live version. Im running it without problems, but some others are suffering from timeout problems. Alot of them are using wireless connections.

/ Firefox v3.0.1
Scooby074 said:
3.0.1 is the current live version. Im running it without problems, but some others are suffering from timeout problems. Alot of them are using wireless connections.

An example of problems: In the prior version I could use the page up/page down keys to move through this forum. They don't work now in spite of the settings.

That is not due to wireless connection.

Vernon