First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I have been shopping there for almost half of my life, long before internet sales ; preferring them to the world famous company which was founded in this state.
Recently I've been trying to find a rifle scope and find that every time I click on a page an annoying popup appears...
"click on settings and turn on location." Why does a mail order company care about my location? They will get that info when I fill out the order.
Logging on required me to enter a new password, it took me about 6 tries for their website to actually send me the link they required. I went to order history, so that I could order another pair of boots like the 3 YO pair that I've finally worn out. In order to view anything over 1 YO I need the order #; if I had that old order, why would I want their copy?

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #2  
KTP I just got boots from them on sale 30% off .................

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #3  
Certain items are regional, other may not be allowed to be sold in other regions. That is why they want your zip code.

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #4  
Certain items are regional, other may not be allowed to be sold in other regions. That is why they want your zip code.

Price also....

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger
They don't need that until after I look at an item. And it wasn't an issue for 30 years...

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #6  
They want your zip code to determine if a store is nearby and you can then check local inventory (Well, in theory anyway, these days online inventory is a crap shoot!)

I have Cabela's within 10 miles and 60 miles, a Bass Pro within 15 and another about 45 miles. So I can often find what I need in one of the different stores.

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #7  
Cabela's was a premier outdoors provider till Bass Pro bought them out. Now they're not much more than an outdoor Walmart. Way less to choose from, poor quality, etc. Incredibly disappointing and sad to see this happen.

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #8  
They don't need that until after I look at an item. And it wasn't an issue for 30 years...

Would you rather get it into your cart and try to pay for it AND THEN HAVE them tell you, sorry, unavailable?

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #9  
Cabela's was a premier outdoors provider till Bass Pro bought them out. Now they're not much more than an outdoor Walmart. Way less to choose from, poor quality, etc. Incredibly disappointing and sad to see this happen.

I don't see that much changed for Cabela's after the buyout except their common website is crap. C19 has caused more of a stocking and supply issue than anything IMO.

/ First experiences at Cabela's website since Bass Pro merger #10  

Agree, I used to make the couple hour trip to the store a few times a year. The brands they carry, the store and online selection all went down hill IMO.