First time for everything

/ First time for everything #31  
   / First time for everything #32  
Wow. You guys are all idiots! I've NEVER done ANY of these things [SUB]more than 10 or 12 times each...[/SUB]! :D I put on a tablesaw blade backwards when I was a teenager and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't cut for sheit. I was used to circular saws, and thought it went the same way (and very inexperienced of course). Got my dad and he tried cutting the wood (it was ash so he first thought it was tougher than the pine he had cut before - not a real mechanical guy). Same result. Much smoke, lots of effort, little cutting, much burning. A few minutes and he caught on. Still hasn't stopped me from doing it again on other stuff. I don't think I have ever put in a TS blade backwards again, but I sure have with circular saws and chainsaws. Now of course, it takes about 2 seconds to go DUH! stop, and flip it. I think I did it on a chainsaw twice. Learned to triple check that one... Haven't mixed up bar oil and gas...yet...

/ First time for everything
Dang I made it this long but y'all got me worried it's gonna be a continuing dilemma.

/ First time for everything #34  
Most people don't know but you just hit the reverser switch and the chainsaw will run backwards.;)

Yeah I've put the chain on backwards, and yeah they don't cut so good.

/ First time for everything #37  
I am confused with all this talk of oil and fuel. I didn't think it really mattered which direction the chain was put on. Just set the brake and then it is just a matter of whether the saw is cutting on the push or pull stroke. When that section of chain gets dull release the brake to bring up a fresh section on chain ;)

Doug in SW IA

/ First time for everything
:cool2::cool2:
I am confused with all this talk of oil and fuel. I didn't think it really mattered which direction the chain was put on. Just set the brake and then it is just a matter of whether the saw is cutting on the push or pull stroke. When that section of chain gets dull release the brake to bring up a fresh section on chain ;)

Doug in SW IA

/ First time for everything #39  
All you have to do is start the engine backwards and cut the tree while looking in a mirror upside down.

/ First time for everything #40  
I was in Germany until Jan 71, so I'd guess I never spoke to you over TT.

21 years feeding NSA. Germany at Hof 62-65, 68-71. There for the Russians goint into Chezhoslovakia and kicking azz to straighten them out. I called it 48 hours in advance but noone believed me.