Backhoe first time owner, first time operator...i broke it.

/ first time owner, first time operator...i broke it. #1  

whsnyderiii

Tractor
Kioti DK45C
Sweet....starting to learn the shuttle shift. Getting 4th going sucks. Anyway, I have a backhoe attachment. Was going to remove it so I can play with a Bush hog this weekend. There's a pin in the arm that I couldn't get out. It was binding. The PO told me to touch back on the left hand control arm to take the pressure off and the pin would come out. Tried that..didn't release. Touched back some more still didn't release....again...pop! Hydraulic fluid pouring out. Pulled the cover thinking I would discover a blown hose/fitting. However, what I discovered is there isis a small set screw looking hole to the far right of the controls, at the top, where hydraulic fluid flows out of when I engage either the a or the b remotes. WTF did I do? Is that whole far right block screwed? Is this just a find the right set acre cause u blew some kinda relief valve...need some help/advice here. Im mechanical, but don't know didly about hydraulics. I'm going to try and attach two pics. One of the whole system of hydraulics and one close up of the far right set screw spot where the hydraulic fluid came out of. Thanks a million.

Attachments

• IMAG0234.jpg
    IMAG0234.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 493
  • IMAG0235.jpg
    IMAG0235.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 534
   / first time owner, first time operator...i broke it.
After all that explanation...it appears this is done kind off pressure relief spot. Maybe this is ridiculously simple. Just get a set screw for that spot and I'm good to go. However, the reason I didn't just do that is that in the middle of the bank of hydraulics (pic 1) there is another one of these set screw spots which is not leaving and also does not have a set screw in it. That's what caused me to ask for help, thinking it wasn't something as easy as it first looked.

/ first time owner, first time operator...i broke it. #3  
What kind of tractor and backhoe?

/ first time owner, first time operator...i broke it.
It's a kioti dk45c. It's a dk2385 back hoe. Looking at MIE it appears to be a port relief valve. It's like 240 bucks from them. If that's what it is...fine. However, I'm unable to do anything with my pto until I get this fixed. Weekend gone. Can I put a set screw in the top just in order to operate the back hoe only to get it off the tractor?

/ first time owner, first time operator...i broke it. #5  
I'll bet JJ knows.

/ first time owner, first time operator...i broke it. #6  
I have a KB2375 and my valve block set up is by Nimco. Yours looks similar but Kioti used several brands of valves. MEI site shows a Hanil brand valve block for your KB2385 but those diagrams don't match your pictures. Yours looks like my Nimco. Like this Error. About 8 years ago, I had to change a bad valve block for one of my stab legs, center two. Each one of the valve blocks, castings, are the "same" and they're just sandwiched together to make the entire valve system. If you notice the main two levers, their mounting uses this threaded hole in the respective blocks to mount each of the two levers. Looking at your picture, each of the main lever mountings has an allen head screw on the left front side. This screw should go into a blind drilled threaded hole. Apparently this valve had the hole drilled a little to far and it finally let go. I'd just find a set screw, it will be metric (M5-0.8P), and loctite it in the hole.

/ first time owner, first time operator...i broke it. #7  
   / first time owner, first time operator...i broke it. #8  
If you notice the main two levers, their mounting uses this threaded hole in the respective blocks to mount each of the two levers. Looking at your picture, each of the main lever mountings has an allen head screw on the left front side. This screw should go into a blind drilled threaded hole. Apparently this valve had the hole drilled a little to far and it finally let go. I'd just find a set screw, it will be metric (M5-0.8P), and loctite it in the hole.

I am thinking the same thing, if your talking about fluid coming out of the small threaded hole.

/ first time owner, first time operator...i broke it. #9  
OK I'm a doofus, cz I can't figure out why you can't take the BH off even with the hydraulic leaks. From what you are saying it only spews when you hold open the valve with the cylinder at full out/in, or when trying to move against the pinned arm (yeah dont do that if you can avoid it).
The secret to removing the BH is to lower the outriggers till they just take all the weight. You pull tractor forward 6" to drop the subframe out. Put a couple cinder blocks under the BH. Raise the outriggers to drop BH on the blocks. Undo hydro lines.

/ first time owner, first time operator...i broke it. #10  
OK I'm a doofus, cz I can't figure out why you can't take the BH off even with the hydraulic leaks. From what you are saying it only spews when you hold open the valve with the cylinder at full out/in, or when trying to move against the pinned arm (yeah dont do that if you can avoid it).
The secret to removing the BH is to lower the outriggers till they just take all the weight. You pull tractor forward 6" to drop the subframe out. Put a couple cinder blocks under the BH. Raise the outriggers to drop BH on the blocks. Undo hydro lines.

How do you take the pressure off the lines?