First time plowing the driveway with tractor, had the Snow Edge mounted on bucket.

/ First time plowing the driveway with tractor, had the Snow Edge mounted on bucket. #31  
Again with the cylinders. Guys, I already addressed the cylinders thing several times on this thread. So just wondering, are you disagreeing with my theory (which is fine, I'd be glad to hear the opposing opinion), or are just responding to the opening post on this thread? If it's you just responding to the first post, why not read the whole thread eh? ;)

Yes, disagreeing. It's a bad practice, and in your case unnecessary.

/ First time plowing the driveway with tractor, had the Snow Edge mounted on bucket. #32  
I would be more apt to keep the bucket nearly level to use the entire width of the plastic edge. It would take much longer to wear out instead of all the pressure up on the front corner. Just my :2cents: on how I would want to extend the life of this snow edge.

/ First time plowing the driveway with tractor, had the Snow Edge mounted on bucket.
If you're in float and losing steering it's because the resistance the bucket (and/or it's edge, doesn't matter) is getting is great enough that the tractor and FEL "folds" at the loader arms pivot pins raising (or taking weight off of) front tires. That is: The back tires push forward, the bucket wants to stay, so front tires raise up. The resistance the bucket (and/or edge) meets is great because: Your either pushing a lot of heavy wet snow that's heavy enough to raise front end, or caused by having the bucket tilted too far forward crating more drag than if bucket edge was more parallel with the driveway, or by the addition of the edge.

When looking at the picture that shows edge from side: As snow piles on, seems like the snow would push (lever) the edge more into the driveway, creating more slide resistance and stress on cylinders. What is the purpose of the 3" curb under the edge? Why not remove it? I'd originally assumed the "snow edge" was just an "edge" (the yellow part, not the grey part).

....also.. "Epstien didn't kill himself & tilted buckets bend cylinders!" Sorry...couldn't resist:D

He did tho! :laughing:

The curb thingie actually is the edge. The idea is that there's lots of it to wear down before you get down to the metal bracket (yellow part).

I plowed again with it, a couple inches of wet snow. It did great, I'm getting the technique down on how to lessen windrows, which really speeds up the process. I played around with bucket angles as well. With bucket level and in float, it doesn't scrape down to the asphalt as well. Maybe if there was more snow and the bucket filled up with it, adding weight, it would help that. In float with bucket angled down works great. I had a good time plowing with it, was fun.