Fitting supplier

/ Fitting supplier #1  

Bsavulis

Tractor
Kioti CK25
I am looking for a supplier of socket weld jic 6 fittings. I need 90 degree ells, branch run tees, and straights. I am also looking for a supplier for the appropriate mild steel tube. My FEL has all rubber hose that I would like to replace.

Thanks for any info!
Brian

/ Fitting supplier #3  
In my industrial piping days such items came from industrial piping suppliers. Never saw a socket weld JIC. They must larger than any hydraulic system I worked on. Usually any thing larger than 3/4" was flanged or pipe thread. Find a supplier of Swadgelock compression fittings made for hydraulic service. Installed 100s of those. That way you do need to have an expensive flaring tool. Largest hydraulic system in my past was 3" triple heavy welded steel pipe. 10,000 PSI if I remember rightly. Believe me cleanliness was a problem. WE installed filters at every branch line and before every device.

Buy Fittings | Swagelok

Ron

/ Fitting supplier
Thanks for the info, I did not know that Swageloc made that type of fitting. I just got a quote from a supplier .. 20.pcs of jic 6 to 3/8 tube, 6pcs of jic 6 female to male 90 ell, and 4 pcs of jic 6 tee... almost $900.00. OUCH!!!!

Putnam is in the northeast corner of CT. I am about 3 miles from the RI border, and 5 miles from MA.

/ Fitting supplier #6  
Thanks for the info, I did not know that Swageloc made that type of fitting. I just got a quote from a supplier .. 20.pcs of jic 6 to 3/8 tube, 6pcs of jic 6 female to male 90 ell, and 4 pcs of jic 6 tee... almost $900.00. OUCH!!!!

Putnam is in the northeast corner of CT. I am about 3 miles from the RI border, and 5 miles from MA.

Did they quote steel or stainless steel. SS is probably more the twice as much especially 316 rather than 18-8. 316 is food grade. They were always expensive but saved a lot of labor time. I have not bought any for 30 years. They have several pressure ranges also that affect price.

Ron

/ Fitting supplier #7  
8E248CC5-C1D5-424B-B424-CF4E48EEC08F.jpeg

This is what you need

/ Fitting supplier

That is exactly right! Just can't seem to find them at a reasonable $. I was looking for mild steel, but seem to only be able to find the 316 ss parts. With so many tractors with hard lines on their FELs you would think that the parts would be all over the internet. I can only find aluminum fittings for fuel related applications on Ebay.
At he prices I have been quoted I may just leave the rubber lines.

Brian

/ Fitting supplier #9  
That is exactly right! Just can't seem to find them at a reasonable $. I was looking for mild steel, but seem to only be able to find the 316 ss parts. With so many tractors with hard lines on their FELs you would think that the parts would be all over the internet. I can only find aluminum fittings for fuel related applications on Ebay.
At he prices I have been quoted I may just leave the rubber lines.

Brian

Those fittings should be available in forged steel. Mild steel would probably meet the PSI rating you need. Mixing SS fittings with steel hydraulic tubing may be little dicey as they are designed for TIG welding. There are other brands of compression type fittings that may be cheaper. JIC requires a 37 degree flaring tool which if I remember correctly are about $300.

LOL, Ron I will be watching this.

/ Fitting supplier
So I thought I would post a brief update to this project. I have had very little time to put on this project in the past couple of months. I have made mounts for the new lines, silver soldered the assemblies, and have done a trial fit. Attached is a before picture and photos of the lines during the trial fit.

20191123_114525.jpg20200104_172536.jpg20200104_172545.jpg20200104_172552.jpg