fixing ruts in field with tall grass

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #21  
I put the scarifier teeth down on my box blade and drag across them repeatedly. That's how I also work on sink holes in my fields with criss-cross patterns. The torn up grass seems to come back pretty quickly.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #22  
My barn was put up during a snow storm and when they moved the trusses with rented machine they left 1 1/2 to 2 foot ruts. It could not be helped and now ground hard finally and grass has grown up. It is almost impossible to even brush hog. I managed to back blade with bucket near barn but I do not see how I can fix with with a box blade or a blade with the grass is very difficult. I do not really have the soil to fill in. I did manage scrap back few of them but was pretty tough with bucket. I thought about putting tarp down to kill grass and then work it up with bucket. But really slow process. If I am missing something please speak up.
I'm gonna have the same problem when we bring the land clearning guys in later this summer/early fall after my wife recovers from her broken leg.

I plan to just wait for frost to kill the tall grass and to lay it down like happens every year. Then I can use the BB to even out where some stumps come out. Then brush hog next summer or fall.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #23  
If you can get your hands on a harley rake that would be the way to go. Ive been finish grading for 17 years and I don't bother with killing or cutting grass. You just need to run the dirt over that you pull in to the ruts quite a bit so it doesn't settle. I think I spent maybe 30 minutes fixing these concrete truck ruts where a customer had a pool installed.

20161010_155010 (2).jpg

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #24  
Borrow my wife's two cats. They generate enough kitty litter to fill all the deeper holes in my field. (Pine litter - saw dust by the time it hits the field).

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #25  
My barn was put up during a snow storm and when they moved the trusses with rented machine they left 1 1/2 to 2 foot ruts. It could not be helped and now ground hard finally and grass has grown up. It is almost impossible to even brush hog. I managed to back blade with bucket near barn but I do not see how I can fix with with a box blade or a blade with the grass is very difficult. I do not really have the soil to fill in. I did manage scrap back few of them but was pretty tough with bucket. I thought about putting tarp down to kill grass and then work it up with bucket. But really slow process. If I am missing something please speak up.
I had ruts when I ordered gravel. One of the large dumps got off the driveway and double rutted about 100' of our "front yard". I put my bottom plow on, plowed up the area, put the tiller on and tilled flat & level. Replanted grass seed.

Easy fix.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #26  
You can do the job with a heavy set of 18” cutter head disks and a landscape rake. Third pass with my House heavy frame set and it is down to the axles in hard clay and it will cut 4” roots and rip them right out of the ground. A bit rough on irrigation pipe.;) Yeah, I accidentally ran over my 4” schedule 40…..
You just switch out to a landscape rake, it pulls everything level, like magic…..first rain, the grass is back, and level.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #28  
Power rake as mentioned.
20220510_111134.jpg

20220511_125501.jpg

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #29  
rear blade or rototiller.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #30  
As others have posted, did you contact the builder to remediate the situation? Usually, for houses anyway, a build included a final grade of the construction area.