FL8 Loader on CT2025???

/ FL8 Loader on CT2025??? #1  

Trippy1313

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case 580ck
Anybody know if the FL8 loader would work on the CT2025, instead of the FL7? And has anyone inquired with the dealer about getting that installed with a purchase instead of the FL7?

From my understanding it's the same frame and dimensions between the CT2025 & CT2035.

Specs aren't drastically different, aside from maybe breakout force, but I feel looking at them, the FL8 definitely looks beefier.

I might ask my dealer Monday, but wondered if any of you knew.

/ FL8 Loader on CT2025??? #2  
TractorData.com reports CT2025 and CT2035 have identical hydraulic flow of 11.3 gpm.

/ FL8 Loader on CT2025???
Yeah, they absolutely do. The only really difference I can think is the 25hp vs 35hp, bit if the flow is the same, I dont see why it wouldn't work just fine. Only about 150lbs heavier.

/ FL8 Loader on CT2025??? #4  
I did inquire. A call to corporate confirmed less than 100# difference in lift capacity. The corporate team would not entertain the thought of suppling an FL8 with a CT2025. Ordering it separate is cost prohibitive, but possible.

Visit bobcatpartsonline.com and look at the part numbers for the mounts and brackets. See if they have the same numbers.
Corporate will NOT take calls directly from customers, so I placed the call from the sales managers office.

/ FL8 Loader on CT2025??? #5  
I wish all the tractor manufacturers were on the same page concerning specs, but it seems Bobcat can't even get it straight within their own documents. From your post in the other thread on pricing, there's the confusion between the loader advertising specs for the loader lift measurement at the pin or 20" in front of it. Add to that the max lift spec on the 2025 with FL7 loader as 1386 lbs. and on the 2035 and 2040 with the FL8 loader on it at 1389 lbs. Is this also measured at the pin as the spec for the 2025 is? Why only 20 lbs more for a much heavier loader? My guess is that the load capacity depends more on the tractor frame size than the loader.

That said, how can Kioti claim 1252 lbs. for their standard KL2610 loader on their CK 2610 tractor yet claim 1835 lbs on their larger KL4030 loader when fit on the same tractor. FWIW the FL8 Bobcat loader weighs 1070 lbs vs the 959 lbs of the Kioti KL4030 loader, so Bobcat's loader is heavier made. Kioti does make this statement "*Specifications may vary with tractor model, front axle configurations, tire size option and type of attachment and are subject to change without notification"

So my take on this is they all lie when it comes to the advertising specs. I can only hope and assume that my new CT2025 will lift what I need to.

Last edited:
   / FL8 Loader on CT2025??? #6  
I was told on the conference call with the Corporate engineers and dealer that Bobcat does NOT use Kioti FEL.
The engineers confirmed that max lift weight of the FL7 & FL8 are almost identical. The FL8 geometry allow a higher lift.

There is a owner youtube of the Kioti CK2610 with 4030 FEL lifting a pallet with approx. 1800 lbs of bagged feed.

My CT2025H can not lift a 1200 lbs pallet
You are also assuming the different loaders are using the same grade (thickness/strength vs weight) steel in the FEL frame and geometry.

Don't forget to do the math for FEL cylinders - stroke x bore x nominal hydraulic pressure
There is a difference. You can even see that in pictures of the Bobcat vs Kioti.

My CT2025H was a deal compared to the competition and lifts far more than (almost) all the competition.

Last edited: