Flail Mower Flail Boom Mower

/ Flail Boom Mower #1  

design

Silver Member
Tractor
M5400
I have a flail boom mower that needs some work. Although I love the idea of having this, I can maintain my property with a 6ft brush hog. The repairs include:
The main cylinder is bent and the "dipper-stick" cylinder is broken. The arms have some welds that have cracked and the hydraulic pump reservoir needs a new filter and cap. Is this worth fixing? The model is a Ferris TD37.
Ferri Boom Flail Mowers

Is there a market for equipment that needs to be repaired? What is it worth when fixed?
Design

/ Flail Boom Mower #2  
Doesn't sound like it needs too much to me. Why not repair it play with it awhile? You might like it, and if not it can always be sold...

/ Flail Boom Mower #3  
I purchased a Ford 7710 with a Turner boom mower on it. I just used it yesterday to clear the cattails out of a perculation pond. Mine will do 25 feet each way without a counterweight but it has duals on it. I purchased the tractor because I wanted 4x4 not because of the boom mower, but have been using the boom mower to do stuff my bush hog won't. Depending on the blades, you might be surprised at just what it will do. I was! Mine came with an extra set of blades and after pricing them, I decided to sharpen what was on the mower and put the new ones in the safe!
Used and broken ones show up on ebay from time to time but never seem to bring a lot of money. Might be the place to get your parts cheaper if you have time to look,
There was a broken/missing parts one a while back with terrible pictures that went for $300 or so. I missed the end of the auction but had wanted to bid on it because it had 3 extra heads with it. I could just see the extra parts I could scavenge off of them!
David from jax