Flail Mower Recommendations

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #31  

JethroB

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460 HST Open Station, Kubota L5460 HST Cab, MF 135 Diesel
My original belts lasted only a few hours regardless of proper tension and adjustment turning into an overcooked gooey mess, they were just crappy belts. I hit my local NAPA and swapped out to Kevlar belts that I have yet to re-adjust after numerous hours of use over the last year even after several inspections.
I over greased the belt pulley bearing once early on. Rookie mistake. That and tilling the dirt way too much. Made my own gooey mess. Replaced with 3 regular Gates belts. Couldn’t find or see any mention of being Kevlar belts though.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #32  

leonz

Tractor
JD LA115, WH 244, Troy Built Horse 8 HP
Hello and good afternoon scootr,

I want to welcome you as the newest resident member of the "Flail Mower Nations" from the Golden State.

The scraper bar is ment to keep the roller clean of any wet grass or mud. You can keep it tight by investing
in 2 fine thread bolts and fine thread nylock nuts.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #33  

diesel85

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Yes, like leonz says, you need that to keep the roller clean from debris. He's got a good suggestion with the bolts and nuts.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #34  

Beeenvenue

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti 3510SE HST
Yes, like leonz says, you need that to keep the roller clean from debris. He's got a good suggestion with the bolts and nuts.
I had to take mine off. No matter how unadjusted it the wet clay would lock up the roller and the flail would skid along on it, so off it came. When I have to cut in wet stuff now sometimes the roller builds up but at least it keeps rolling