Flail mower vs Bush Hog

/ Flail mower vs Bush Hog #11  
After using both, one for many years, there is really no comparison. At least not for me. If there is a downside to the flail it's the fact that it doesnt cut well in reverse.

/ Flail mower vs Bush Hog #12  
I run a Woodmaxx FM-62 62" flail mower on my BX2200. I like I can cut tall grass and small saplings safely, then go ahead and mow my lawn with it.

I'm running Woodmaxx's exclusive Y grass knives on it. (They are actually a Y with a center piece like this: \|/ )

Does a great job!

Here's forever thread on flail mowers... lol --> Flail Mower - Let's talk flail mowers

You can also be apart of Flail Mower Nation too. ;)

/ Flail mower vs Bush Hog #13  
I've had both and I sold my flail. It was slow to cut and a pain to sharpen. The only thing I liked over a brush cutter was the ease to transport on a trailer due to its smaller size. If you want it to look neat, get a finish mower and cut it more regularly.

/ Flail mower vs Bush Hog #14  
I have a brush hog that works fine, but it’s been parked for a few years. I cut my fields when growth is no more than 8 inches, and the flail mower just does A better job, and is easier to maneuver on my place.

I actually have 2 flails, an old fine cut Mott, and a 3 year old Caroni, rarely sharpen either of them, but do occasionally flip fine cut blades over, or just replace them.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR