flasher for jinma

/ flasher for jinma #1  

jaroban

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti dk40se
I have a jinma 224. I have changed the flasher (part # sg-3c) for the turn signals 5 or 6 times in three years. I have replaced it with original parts all but one time. I tried one from the auto store the other day and as soon as I turned on the signal it blew a fuse . Do you have a cross reference # of a heavy duty flasher ? Or an idea why I keep having this problem. The only thing that I can think of is that my knee will hit the left turn and I may stay on for awille before I notice it . Thanks Robby

/ flasher for jinma #2  
I'm thinking you have the cart in front of the horse here with that HD flasher. Heavy duty means it needs to pull more current to heat up. Pulling more current can mean blown fuses.

The OE flasher does actually kinda suck, so aftermarket is the way to go. BUT - go regular duty. And check the fuse rating, that circuit could actually be underfused.

//greg//

/ flasher for jinma #3  
Going over my 200LE yesterday I found the flashers on both sides did not flash or even turn on. Turned on and off several times with no success. Went out this morning and checked the fuse, OK. tried the switches again and they work. Must have been corrosion on the fuse lead connection or on the switches.
Harold

/ flasher for jinma #4  
As Greg said, a heavy duty is expecting to deal with a lot of current say from the added lights of a trailer in addition to the vehicle lights. The Jinma, not having a front turn signal light(mine dosn't anyway) has one fewer bulb to light than most vehicles, so a regular auto flasher may not work well as the flash rate in a traditional flasher is determined by the electrical current draw. In your local autoparts store you will most likley find alongside the generic traditional standard and heavy duty flashers, a "Solid State' or "Electronic" flasher. This type flashes based on eletronic timing and dosn't care how many lights it is feeding.

As for your high failure rate, I would look for a possible electrical short somewhere that is causing the flasher to operate even when the light switch is turned off.

/ flasher for jinma
I will check the fuse size tonight. When the turn signal is off you can not hear or feel the flasher so I would assume that it is not on. Is there anything special to ask for when I go to the auto parts store? (solid state or electronic flasher) Thanks Robby

/ flasher for jinma #6  
jaroban said:
I will check the fuse size tonight. When the turn signal is off you can not hear or feel the flasher so I would assume that it is not on. Is there anything special to ask for when I go to the auto parts store? (solid state or electronic flasher) Thanks Robby
I personally wouldn't waste the money on an electronic flasher. Go to Flasher Products - Consumer Replacement - Trico Products. I'd be happy with the model 550 thermal. Don't know if there's any O'Reilly Auto Parts around your area, but they sell that flasher for $3.99

//greg//

/ flasher for jinma
Thanks Greg, There ia an O'Reilly in my area (Fort Worth Texas) I will go there today.

/ flasher for jinma #8  
I had some electrical problems, which led me to check fuses. My 224 is only 2 years old, but as I pulled the fuses, they fell apart in my hands. So I pulled them all and replaced them. Man they were some cheepass fuses in there.

No electrical problems since.

/ flasher for jinma #9  
While your at it change the bulbs.The chinese bulbs suck..sometimes they pull enough current to flash sometimes the left will flash but not the right..
I believe the US number is 1156 they work great.

/ flasher for jinma #10  
I'm thinking you have the cart in front of the horse here with that HD flasher. Heavy duty means it needs to pull more current to heat up. Pulling more current can mean blown fuses.

The OE flasher does actually kinda suck, so aftermarket is the way to go. BUT - go regular duty. And check the fuse rating, that circuit could actually be underfused.

//greg//
A "heavy duty" flasher will not draw more current that the original one. The flasher is in series between the battery +, the light bulb, and ground. I actually tested whether the flasher or the bulbs are faulty by placing a jumper wire across the flashers two terminals_ the 3rd terminal is not used (the bottom terminal of the flasher is not connected, middle terminal goes to the rear bulb(s); the top terminal of the flasher is 12 volt + in from the fuse.
If you are blowing fuses, you must likely have a short in your wires leading from the flasher to the rear lights.