flat face couplers

/ flat face couplers #2  
Only the ones listed as connect under pressure

/ flat face couplers #3  
All of the others you must cuss at, pop them with something to relieve the pressure, and wear some hydraulic fluid on your clothes.

/ flat face couplers #4  
On mine, I always shut off the tractor and relieve pressure by moving all the hydraulic levers when I connect or disconnect. I still sometimes have connection issues when the temperature is substantially different (esp. higher) when I'm connecting than it was when I last disconnected.

/ flat face couplers #5  
I bought Stucci connectors when I got my grapple and I hated them. I probably got the wrong ones because there was no way to disconnect them by hand. And then connect them again after using the tractor. The hydraulic pressure in the lines was just too much, so I had to loosen the lines with a pair of wrenches and let the hydraulic fluid bleed out until I could open them up. Eventually, I just threw them away and now I just attach my hoses with my wrenches when I install my grapple. When not using the grapple, I have a plug that fits into the line. Takes less time this way.

/ flat face couplers #6  
I have lots of them. 3/8" "tool connectors" they call them. Various brands.

Supposed to connect/disconnect under pressure. Never managed that yet. Hate them. Even have to break lines of equipment that has changed temperature and created a little pressure.

/ flat face couplers #7  
Only the ones listed as connect under pressure

Didn't know they made such a thing. I'll have to investigate that.

I'm very conscious about connecting/disconnecting. Temperature change is the one element most hard to control.

/ flat face couplers #8  
http://ph.parker.com/us/17559/en/quick-couplings-hydraulic-up-to-3000-psi-iso-5675-8200-series
HTMA (ISO 1628, 3/8”)Non-Spill, Flush Face Quick Coupling, Connect Under Pressure (hyd) up to 5 psi - FF/FC Series Nipples | Parker NA

The connect-under-pressure fittings are usually alot more money too.

The flat facec style I had first on the grapple were NOT connect under pressure. And due to the no-spill design of the flatface couplers....there was no way to relieve or even "burp" a little out when disconnecting without wrenches.

Plain old ag style, or even iso 7241-b At least can be burped a bit when disconnecting, or vented if temps change.

I see no benefit to expensive flat face couplers....even connect-under pressure style.....to save a few drops of fluid every change. Its not like I have to top off inbetween oil changes because of leakage.

They even make ag style couplers in a connect under pressure design.

/ flat face couplers #10  
I have lots of them. 3/8" "tool connectors" they call them. Various brands.

Supposed to connect/disconnect under pressure. Never managed that yet. Hate them. Even have to break lines of equipment that has changed temperature and created a little pressure.

I did that at first, until I discovered that you can release the pressure by pressing on the ball (or poppet) on the couplers. I took an old gear puller and put an aluminum end on it to do this. I get everything in place, wrap it with a rag, release the pressure, connect. Takes all of five seconds. One other thing, if you can do it, is to connect your implement hoses together when not in use! That seems to work for some.