Flat Face couplers

/ Flat Face couplers #11  
When I was building up the forklift/add a grapple attachment, my decision process on the hydraulic fittings was to get stuff from a place that was local so if I had any problems I could have hoses made/repaired same day if needed. Went with fittings they had in stock (regular style) and got a couple extra dust covers while I was there.
I didn't know about the flat face style at the time so I didn't even ask about them.
Is the flat face alot more expensive than the regular?
Well, Power-trac's "standard" hydraulic couplers are from Stucchi, in the "Faster NV" interchange style, which is not ISO, but looks close to a common Ag standard (5675?). Normally, they are not trivial to find, at least for me. At Bailey's they are a special order item.

All the best,

Peter

/ Flat Face couplers #12  
I would have to go and look. I basically picked sizes that would not restrict flow.

/ Flat Face couplers #13  
At the end, although I looked at replacing the PT QC fittings with skid steer flat face couplers, I came away with the conclusion that the standard skid steer 1/2" body has more of a pressure drop across it than the PT versions at 15gpm and it wasn't worth it to me, as I don't see renting skid steer attachments and the cost to switch wasn't worth the ease of cleaning of the flat face couplers. I have a few attachments (brush mower, chipper, tiller) that I know for sure need every HP they can get. I did consider upgrading to 3/4" body flat face, but those aren't skid steer interchangeable and are even mor expensive than the PT fittings.

YMMV...

For what it is worth,
"standard" skid steer flat face are 1/2" body,
"high flow" is 5/8" body mostly, but some apparently use 3/4" body, more commonly found on excavators.

Did you know that almost all skid steers have return line filtration, and many have a separate tank for PTO hydraulics and system hydraulics? I didn't. Live and learn.

All the best,

Peter