Tires Flat tire on 2305

/ Flat tire on 2305 #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
This is my second winter with the tractor, last year it was in a heated garage, this year it's under a "lean-to" open on three sides.
Never had low tire pressure until this winter. Only "change" is outdoor storage. I'm thinking about putting "fix-a-flat" in the fronts?
Anyone else having problems with air leaking from front tires?
Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

/ Flat tire on 2305 #2  
are you sure the tires are leaking?? normally air contracts when it gets cold, that would in turn make your tires look like thier loosing air but really they are'nt.
Just pump some more air into them but make sure you check the pressure when the weather gets warm because thats when the air will expand again.

/ Flat tire on 2305 #3  
No to the fix-a-flat. Just fill them up as needed. Why is the tractor outside now?

/ Flat tire on 2305
myjohndeere said:
are you sure the tires are leaking?? normally air contracts when it gets cold, that would in turn make your tires look like thier loosing air but really they are'nt.
Just pump some more air into them but make sure you check the pressure when the weather gets warm because thats when the air will expand again.
Yes, this is more than just expansion/contraction. I have filled the fronts twice, one was flat. I'll keep an eye on them, obviously check each time before use.

/ Flat tire on 2305
Mayor said:
No to the fix-a-flat. Just fill them up as needed. Why is the tractor outside now?
OK, Mayor, I used the stuff in a lawn tractor which had a slow leak and it worked great. Wasn't sure about use in a CUT? Why do you recommend not using it?
Long story on why the tractor is outside. Settling an estate and I'm temporarily storing things in the tractor shed. It's not completely in the open, but it's not in a heated building like last year.

/ Flat tire on 2305 #6  
chipsndust said:
Yes, this is more than just expansion/contraction. I have filled the fronts twice, one was flat. I'll keep an eye on them, obviously check each time before use.

I have been told the fix a flat is a total pain if you ever want to remove the tire. One thing if your stuck somewhere but another just to fill it up when you can take them off to a tire place to have them checked. Maybe look it to a tube inside the tire.

/ Flat tire on 2305 #7  
chipsndust said:
OK, Mayor, I used the stuff in a lawn tractor which had a slow leak and it worked great. Wasn't sure about use in a CUT? Why do you recommend not using it?
Long story on why the tractor is outside. Settling an estate and I'm temporarily storing things in the tractor shed. It's not completely in the open, but it's not in a heated building like last year.

Something to do with it sticking to the rim. This is second hand info but from a few people. Check out a tube.

/ Flat tire on 2305 #8  
do you see or hear a leak? check that the fill valve is not whats leaking.
or you could fill the tire with air and either 1) spray soapy water over it and watch for bubbles or 2) take the tire off and fill your bathtub with water, submerge the tire and look for bubbles.

/ Flat tire on 2305 #9  
chipsndust said:
This is my second winter with the tractor, last year it was in a heated garage, this year it's under a "lean-to" open on three sides.
Never had low tire pressure until this winter. Only "change" is outdoor storage. I'm thinking about putting "fix-a-flat" in the fronts?
Anyone else having problems with air leaking from front tires?
Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

I am a fan of the green Slime. You can run over almost anything and not worry!

/ Flat tire on 2305 #10  
You might want to try just replacing the valve core in the valve stems of your front tires. I have found that that sometimes makes the problem go away, and they cost just pennies. If your auto supply store doesn't have them, I'm sure a tire place would. They simply unscrew from the stem with a slotted tool. It could be that they are loose too........ worth a try anyway.