Flightradar24 Interesting Finds

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #31  
Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea this website existed.
It was really interesting to find that our new property (literally in the middle of nowhere) is directly in the flight path from Baltimore, DC and NY flights to Atlanta. My nearest neighbor (500 feet away) is literally in line with the planes at 38,000 ft.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #32  
FYI - FlightRadar isn't radar at all, it is reliant on the above-mentioned ADS-B which is the aircraft Broadcasting their position, altitude, speed, etc. Military aircraft don't have to do that and I doubt a U-2 even has a civilian receivable transponder. But for a peek at general aviation over our heads, it is really fun.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #33  
   / Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #34  
I will be watching this closely in the coming days as Special Forces will be simulating an insurrection in 22 counties in NC and 3 counties in SC starting later in January. They use a number of civilians, blanks, and flares to make it as real as possible. It will be interesting to see if there is any activity on this flightradar24 to see exactly where it is taking place.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds
Just finishing up my lunch, and heard radial engines. Ran outside. Too late. Ran inside and looked. Showed up as helicopter... NOT!

B17 Yankee Lady!!!

Heading towards Peru, IL right now.

82FD07EE-836E-4AAF-AA03-2E6293D3D70C.jpeg
82FD07EE-836E-4AAF-AA03-2E6293D3D70C.jpeg

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #37  
I've been using it since it launched to track my inbound flights so I know when i need to go to the airport.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #38  
Wonder how the 124 compares in size and takeoff weight to the Lockheed C5M aircraft. I think the C5 maybe smaller, but not by much I would guess.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #39  
I use FlightRadar24.

When the fires are going in Northern California, the old McClellan AFB is used as a Tanker base. It's interesting tracking the planes as they go in/out of McClellan. During the Caldor fire, my work was directly in the primary flight path to the fire zone; could watch the Tankers on FlightRadar and see them out the window of the lab I work in.

Also interesting to watch the planes coming out of Fallon NAS, flying to old Mather AFB, Travis and Beale.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #40  
I heard the B17 coming through 32dB earplugs + a string trimmer 2-stroke.

It passed almost directly overhead about half a mile above me.

Pic is a crop from picture I took with pixel 6p at probably 2900' range
Screenshot_20220522-123156~2.jpg
PXL_20220522_193123553~2.jpg