Flood Cars

/ Flood Cars #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
News just had a brief warning about how the used car market is soon to be flooded by flood cars. (pun)

i bet there are some bargains out there.......i bet there are some gremlins out there too!

/ Flood Cars #2  
Dry them out clean them up than ship them north like once before,than in short time comouter problems which means $$$'s in repair.

/ Flood Cars #3  
Most will have a salvage indication on the title but it's up to the state. There's always some scum out there who will try to profit from it.

I've been getting email lately telling me my PayPal account will be suspended if I don't sign in and verify my info. They've even included a ghost link for me to click on for my convenience. Yeah, right. :rolleyes: For others getting this type of email; PayPal will ALWAYS include your registered name. And they don't use ghost or extended links.

/ Flood Cars #4  
Most will have a salvage indication on the title but it's up to the state. There's always some scum out there who will try to profit from it.

I've been getting email lately telling me my PayPal account will be suspended if I don't sign in and verify my info. They've even included a ghost link for me to click on for my convenience. Yeah, right. :rolleyes: For others getting this type of email; PayPal will ALWAYS include your registered name. And they don't use ghost or extended links.
Another precaution is to go directly to the PayPal or other vendor's website to get your contact info; not the message which you are questioning. I generally disregard this type of email as spam, but when I got one threatening to delete the "Yahoo" account which I've had for 20 years I took it seriously. I went directly to the "Yahoo" site, got a number for tech service there, called and confirmed that it was indeed spam.

If not using a phone you also can hover your pointer over the address to see who it's really coming from.

/ Flood Cars #5  

That’s assuming insurance paid for it to start with. If it wasn’t insured the title won’t change.

/ Flood Cars #6  
Many Fleet vehicles that belonged to municipalities and rental car companies self insure them so they will come back with "clean" Carfaxes because no insurance claim was ever made.Only surefire way to be sure you are ever buying a truly "clean" used vehicle, Is to get the VIN and have it run by the guy in the Parts Dept of that particular brand vehicle.Buy the guy lunch,It'll be money extremely well spent because he can show you every single part ever sold to that specific vehicle and from that you can deduce the life it's had.Flood vehicles will have had at the least, their computers replaced to get them to run so they can be sold.
this happened after Katrina and Sandy, the market was flooded with "real good deals".

/ Flood Cars #7  
Cars and car parts. I was on ebay looking for a master switch assembly for a subaru and some the pictures they posted, it was obvious that they came from a submerged vehicle. Still has some silt/mud on them. I ended up buying a new one.

/ Flood Cars #8  
Many auto insurance policies don't cover flood damage...it requires a separate rider or homeowners flood insurance...

/ Flood Cars #9  
Carfax is pretty good for one thing. It shows the areas the car has spent it's life (according to the registration) If you see a bargain that was registered in Golden Meadow, Louisiana in 2021 you'd better run the other way.

/ Flood Cars #10  
When buying a car that may have been in a flood, pull carpet in trunk and look for staining. I always pull panels to look for mud and staining! If they won't let you, Run!