Fluid or Weights???

/ Fluid or Weights??? #41  
That surprises me. I thought O'Reilly's was a national auto parts store chain. :confused3:
None around here.
I had to go to the 50 mile search to find the 1 closest O'Reilly's store

/ Fluid or Weights??? #42  
Used to be Kragen around here, but a couple of years ago they got bought out by O'Reilly's, an outfit out of Springfield, MO. Interesting note, my grandfather knew the boys that started it back in the 20's.

There's an interesting story right there!!! :)

/ Fluid or Weights??? #43  
None around here.
I had to go to the 50 mile search to find the 1 closest O'Reilly's store

Sounds like they haven't grown East very far.

/ Fluid or Weights??? #46  
Sounds like they haven't grown East very far.

Did a search for their store locator. All the west and mid west are covered but Maryland and east of there is blank until you get to new Hampshire and Massachusetts . Why the gap from New Jersey to Vermont is anybody's guess.
Store Locator | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Last edited:
   / Fluid or Weights??? #47  
In an ideal world . Wheel mounted cast iron weights would be the choice.

Have to disagree with you there. On a JD 5045E you can only put two 95Lb weights on per wheel for a total of 380 on the rear and part of that weigh is above the center of gravity all the time. Plus the weighs make a place for dirt salt and moisture to hide in allowing your rims to rust prematurely. The same tractor with 13.6X28 R1s holds 920 lbs of'Rimguard'/ beet juice and the c.o.g. of that load is all below the COG of the tractor. Just My :2cents:

/ Fluid or Weights??? #48  
I have both and I plug tires.

/ Fluid or Weights??? #49  
In an ideal world . Wheel mounted cast iron weights would be the choice.

Sorry, but actually, fluid would be the choice. Adds weight numbers that can't be matched by cast iron weights, puts the COG lower, and is much, much cheaper.