Food plot brings them in!

/ Food plot brings them in! #1  

john_bud

I was out checking the food plots in the back yard today and found this hanging out. I know things come a long ways to eat, but from New Zealand?

jb

/ Food plot brings them in! #2  
Ha, we have those Emu's around here too. Some guy down the street has a whole flock of them. Hmmm, let's see...turkey season is right around the corner and maybe I could accidentally mistake it for a big ugly one?:)

Speaking of food plots, I will not try to grow a winter crop this year. Our deer season will end in a couple weeks anyway and I've passed on several opportunities so far. But might take advantage during the last week if I see that one pretty good buck that hangs around...maybe not. Seems to me he might still have a couple years of breeding ahead of him yet, so I might wait to take him.

My goal will be to grow a late Summer food plot since all the vegetation around here turns brown and dies from the heat and lack of water. That might keep them all hanging around 'till season opener next year. Additionally, lots of seed for dove season too.

/ Food plot brings them in! #3  
john_bud said:
I was out checking the food plots in the back yard today and found this hanging out. I know things come a long ways to eat, but from New Zealand?

jb

Not trying to be too picky but the emu comes from Australia not New Zealand.;)

Just another of our native species that you have taken over:D (You have also taken over our native tree the macadamia.)

Cityfarma

/ Food plot brings them in!
Sorry to besmerch your 'Ozzy pride!

Seems the neighbor spotted it last year. Saw it one day, then never again. Dang thing is like a ghost! I went back and couldn't even spot the tracks. If I didn't take pictures, I wouldn't believe me!

jb

/ Food plot brings them in! #5  
I looked at your pics and couldn't believe it either!!! I know here in Texas, we have all sorts of exotics, and some of them get away from time to time, but that's just not what I'd expect in Wisconsin!!!!!

Maybe it's there for the cheese.

Eddie

/ Food plot brings them in!
If it's still around in a 4 weeks, it will be our first 70# thanksgiving dinner....

jb

/ Food plot brings them in! #7  
Hello,

This thread has been moved to the new Food Plot Forum. :thumbsup: