Ford 1700 hydraulic oil filter and dip stick

/ Ford 1700 hydraulic oil filter and dip stick #11  
Re dipstick (Replying to DrFarquad) The fill level (red line) is 7.5 inches from the top of the casing where the cap is seated!
286A6B20-5773-4622-869C-71B1E0562B17.jpeg

/ Ford 1700 hydraulic oil filter and dip stick #12  
Re dipstick (Replying to DrFarquad) The fill level (red line) is 7.5 inches from the top of the casing where the cap is seated!View attachment 749503
But notice the manual says not to screw in the dipstick when checking the fluid level - so the full level should be 7 inches below the cap seat on the transmission casing

/ Ford 1700 hydraulic oil filter and dip stick #13  
Ours hasn't had a dipstick since the early eighties. It's a 1900. Somehow it still goes. Planted a 40 for years row cropping, truck patching, bush hogging. I mean with front wheels off the ground riding trees down, 50-100 yards at a time. Had an old 4x4 Willy's truck to pull it out with.

/ Ford 1700 hydraulic oil filter and dip stick #14  
But notice the manual says not to screw in the dipstick when checking the fluid level - so the full level should be 7 inches below the cap seat on the transmission casing
But regardless it is still 7.5 in from face of seat, which is the only point to measure from. Or you can use an 8" stick. Just say fluid is 7.5" from face of seat with stick sticking up into nowhere thin air 1/2" , if you are that type.

/ Ford 1700 hydraulic oil filter and dip stick #15  
The 1900 Ford got us out of the 8N situation to this day. Jimmy Carter days, I remember those times. I'll remember these times.