Ford 1920 antifreeze leak at block fitting

/ Ford 1920 antifreeze leak at block fitting #21  
Looking good,great job.(y)

/ Ford 1920 antifreeze leak at block fitting #22  
Tidy looking fitting. Where did you get it? Also could it save some time to pinch the radiator drain hose with some gripper pliers and just drain the block? Seem to have this problem with my recently acquired 1620.

/ Ford 1920 antifreeze leak at block fitting
Got one from walmart and the other from ebay. Read on here about the fitting and also the importance of using BSP threads to the block. Had to search around to find it online. Not sure which is easier as far as draining. I just used the bypass hose pitcock, lowest point on the engine and it emptied pretty fast into a clean bucket. Poured it right back in the radiator afterward, cranked it up and added the last pint or so after all the air settled out.

Robot or human?
Swivel Pipe Fitting 1/2" BSPP BSP Female to 3/8" Barb Hose ID 90 Degree | eBay

That "robot or human" is supposed to be the walmart link for:

Brass Pipe Fitting, Reducing Hex Nipple 3/4 BSP Male x 1/2 BSP Male Adapter​

$9.49

Something on this site seems to be blocking it maybe. Search there with that description if needed.

/ Ford 1920 antifreeze leak at block fitting #24  
One more post on this job. I just took some channel locks and broke off the hose barb on the old fitting. My new brass fittings are 3/4" npt to 1/4"npt. and a 90degree 1/4"npt hose barb. I had no problem turning the old one out. No lube or heat. I put a new hose clamp just because. Thanks for all the help. Oh yeah, I have one of those worthless fram filters too. lol.

Attachments

• IMG_7994.jpg
    IMG_7994.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7992.jpg
    IMG_7992.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7991.jpg
    IMG_7991.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42