Ford 2600 lift problem

/ Ford 2600 lift problem #1  

R Barger

Silver Member
Tractor
YANMAR YM336D/W Loader JOHN DEERE 850/ W Loader 2WD&4WD Kubota RTV 900
Today I installed a sissor lift on the back of my 2600 and when I tried to lift a 900lb round bale it barely started to lift it off the ground. I have never had a problem with the lift before. would it be because the bale is so far behind the tractor that it is too much weght for it. I took the sissor off and put my standard spear on . Will try it tommorow. Any ideas?

/ Ford 2600 lift problem #2  
Probably. did you hear the relief valve making noise? Could be a weak pump.
Gary

/ Ford 2600 lift problem #3  
. . . I took the scissor off and put my standard spear on. Will try it tomorrow. . .
That's what I'd do first. My 2600 is just about maxed out with a 900-1000# bale on a regular hay fork. I have a high-lift (forklift) attachment, and used it for several years, but it was about all it could handle.
I don't know how far back the scissor lift puts the weight, but I'm guessing that you're over the capacity.

/ Ford 2600 lift problem
That's what I'd do first. My 2600 is just about maxed out with a 900-1000# bale on a regular hay fork. I have a high-lift (forklift) attachment, and used it for several years, but it was about all it could handle.
I don't know how far back the scissor lift puts the weight, but I'm guessing that you're over the capacity.
I took the sissor off and the tractor picked up the bale no problem. I was looking forward to using that sissor lift but I don't want to go to a larger tractor. I thought the sissor was the problem because I have Yanmar ym2002d with a loader that will pick up the same bale on the front or back. Thanks for the info.