Buying Advice Ford 4000 - need advice

/ Ford 4000 - need advice
Re: JD 4000 - need advice - oops

Yes, like that! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will check out the Iron Search, thank you!

/ Ford 4000 - need advice #12  

Yea it's not near the deal then. That is about half the tractor of a JD 4000.

/ Ford 4000 - need advice #13  

or twice the tractor, if it'll get into twice as many places that the Deere won't

/ Ford 4000 - need advice #14  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( or twice the tractor, if it'll get into twice as many places that the Deere won't )</font>

LOL............

/ Ford 4000 - need advice
Re: JD 4000 - need advice

A little more info - 787 hours, diesel - to answer some of your questions. It apparently was kept under cover for quite a while, but hasn't been for the last several years. The bushhog it comes with is at least 5', might be 6', but haven't asked or measured.

/ Ford 4000 - need advice #16  
Re: JD 4000 - need advice

JBANDRIO

Sounds like a good tractor. I have a Ford . 4000 and love it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifseems I can put 5 gallons of diesel in it and run it all day. If it has been setting outside besure to check the the oil bowl on the air filter. I let mine set outside for a winter and rain water drained down in the bowl over filling it did not discover it untill I had cranked it and ran it for a while in the spring. After I saw that thought I was lucky it did not suck up the water/oil into the cylinders and damage the motor.

Good luck,

BTW if you purchase the tractor how about posting a few pics.

BigWill