Backhoe Ford 4500 TLB

/ Ford 4500 TLB
I just found out what the bypass valve is... loader control levers.jpg

I am still looking for a owners manual, something to tell me about my machine. 75 Ford 4500 TLB.... Anyone?? I did go to New Holland Website, could not find anything. By the way, I'm trying to be thrifty and not spend a penny, I know there is a PDF out there somewhere...

/ Ford 4500 TLB
I just found out what the bypass valve is... View attachment 459357

I am still looking for a owners manual, something to tell me about my machine. 75 Ford 4500 TLB.... Anyone?? I did go to New Holland Website, could not find anything. By the way, I'm trying to be thrifty and not spend a penny, I know there is a PDF out there somewhere...

/ Ford 4500 TLB #23  
Precisley what I thought it was. But lack of pictures or explanation of where the lines went prevented any confirmation.

Basically, in self level mode, as you raise the loader it simultaneously dumps to keep the bucket level.

As per your first post, your issue seems to be that the loader dumps when raising right? Are you saying it is dumping beyond what it would take to keep the bucket in the same orientation through out the lift? If so, and does it no matter the position of the selector valve, I think that's your issue.

You can probably rebuild or replace it. Or if self leveling is an option you can live without....just bypass it

/ Ford 4500 TLB #24  
That is the self leveling valve for the front loader. Great feature. I have it.

/ Ford 4500 TLB
LD1....The bucket tilts down automatically... Raise it two feet and it dumps. Raise it any height it wants to dump. Lay it flat on the ground it starts to move down. Does that sound like a bad hand valve? Also, when I start the tractor, it sounds like air is being built up near the transmission. Upon reveling up, it sounds like air is being pumped. After a minute or so it stops. I am wandering if there is air in hydraulic lines? Or transmission? It's automatic reverse and forward...

Thanks again for all the help!!

/ Ford 4500 TLB #26  
Could be air in the hydraulics.

The transmission is separate from loader/backhoe hydraulics.

I'd bypass the self leveling valve for starters and see if it gets better.

/ Ford 4500 TLB #27  
That is the self leveling valve for the front loader. Great feature. I have it.
Old thread, but I need bit of help too.
Mine is a 1969 4500TLB, 755 hoe, 540 loader. Back when my self leveler worked, when I engaged the self leveler the hoe dis-engaged, stopped working, & only the loader/ self leveling stuff worked. As I understand this is correct way of working.

However my self leveling has quit working & I kind'a liked it. Everything else works, hoe, loader, dump, etc etc.
Anyone out there have any ideas?