Buying Advice Ford 4610SU for first tractor purchase?

/ Ford 4610SU for first tractor purchase? #21  
Oh man! I wouldn't have let that 4610SU set over night. I would be there cash in hand. Looks like the rubber is good too. Don't wait too long. If it starts and runs, it's worth every dime.

I've been working on my 3910 for what seems like months. (It has been months.) I've been cleaning, straightening and painting along with adding remotes and new lift seals. Parts for the '10 series are plentiful and reasonable. I've had my 3910 for over 10 years now and don't regret if for a minute. NO COMUPTER "stuff". It just works.

/ Ford 4610SU for first tractor purchase? #22  
I would be leery of bidding on the one with the coolant leak. It could be nothing, or a $$$ repair. The other one looks great. Looking at others for sale on line, $5,500 - $6,000 would be a pretty good deal. You could do lots on your property with that, and no end to the fun. Good Luck! (when does the auction end?)

/ Ford 4610SU for first tractor purchase?
I wish I could go offer cash right now but alas the auction runs until the 17th of November! I知 driving myself nuts checking it!!

I know where they have them parked so I am going to go and look at the power steering system I have heard that they are prone to leaking so I want to look at the level and see if there is sign of a leak there?

I am definitely pushing for the 85 with good tires.

Hello all, I just wanted to update anyone following at all. The auctions ended and unfortunately I was not the winner. The one I was interested in ended up selling for $8960. A little too rich for my present situation (no barn built yet etc)

Well get em next time! Thanks for all the help!

/ Ford 4610SU for first tractor purchase? #25  
Keep up your search with Craigslist, Tractorhouse, Auction Houses, etc.

Yes sir absolutely! I am sad that these didn稚 work out but I sure haven稚 given up.

/ Ford 4610SU for first tractor purchase? #27  
Thanks I love tractorhouse it痴 fun to watch, I saw a few of the farm track tractors, they look eerily similar to the Ford/NH tractors are they rebranded or totally different?

/ Ford 4610SU for first tractor purchase? #29  
Farmtrac is no longer manufactured (orphan tractor) and parts may be hard to come by.