Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly?

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #111  
Well like I said Hay Dude, you are right about diesel still ruling the heavy loads, but if you are like me and not maxing your truck right out, gas is a lot simpler now that the EPA has ruined the diesel engine.

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #112  
I don’t know about that, but it ain’t worth another G v D discussion.
Ill just say this: when you tow a LOT, Diesels still rule on frequent heavy towing. And it’s like 100 to 1 when you get out on the road and see who’s towing.
On mostly empty or light-moderate weekly towing, gas is more practical and sensible.

Diesels are no doubt better for towing. But most pickups are hauling air not trailers.

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #113  
Powerstrokehelp

This guy bullet proofs 6.0 and 6.4L F250's. He use to to have trucks for sale that have been bulletproofed. Usually cost about $35K but the trucks were almost brand new looking after he was done with them.

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #114  
I like the idea of a bulletproof 6 leaker for an economical older work truck, but they don’t hold value. It would have to be dirt cheap, like slightly more than a gasser to be worth a look.
Also, with the current political winds/ green new shaft in the works, you don’t know when/if all non dpf/def diesels will have to be pulled off the road.

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #115  
Studding and bulletproofing helps, but I still blew one up that had that (was tuned for power) and they can still be expensive when stupid little things fail on the road like injectors and IRP valves.

Just sold my last one. I'll go slower up the hills and burn gas.

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #116  
And like you said about value Haydude, when I wanted to get rid of my 07 F350 (the one I blew up twice) dealers would give me NOTHING for it on trade in.
And the one I just sold recently, I almost had to beg the guy to buy it and give him the whole sales pitch of all the work that was done to bulletproof it, because as soon as most hear the word 6 litre their first reply is "oh, I'm not touching that."

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #117  
6.0 and ALL 7.3's were ALWAYS JUNK from the factory!!! Have a very large bank account IF you get stuck with one as I did!!!

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #118  
6.0 and ALL 7.3's were ALWAYS JUNK from the factory!!! Have a very large bank account IF you get stuck with one as I did!!!
6.4’s not much better. Nice bottom end and a nice driving diesel, but too much unreliability. Soured me on Ford pretty much for the last 5 years.
Would like to see if Ford develops and offers the F-600 into a crew cab and gives it a GCWR of over 45,000, or what RAM does next. GM must increase their GCWR numbers on their 4500-6500. They are sorely lacking.

Also, IMO these medium duties need push button automatic transmissions, like the true mediums have. Let’s get rid of the steering column stalk forever. It takes up too much space.

With electric trucks now the focus, I wonder if what we are seeing is the best we will get from ICE trucks?

/ Ford 6.0 diesel; the good, the bad, the ugly? #120  
I got a 97 F-350 here in the driveway. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS! its for sale as is where is! ---- And YES they were JUNK form the factory!