Ford 7.3L Gas Engine

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #191  
Our local dealer just delivered his first Ford 7.3 to a guy that had a 8.1L BB Chevy for years so it will be a good comparison to the last of the breed from the bow tie group. For me personally, I would spend every dime I had to buy one of these 7.3 gassers IF I could get a 6 speed manual behind it. :D

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #192  
I don稚 know why people would think I made this up or why I would care beyond general discussion.

It's a common response in forum discussions. You hurt the feelings of those that have faith in the 2.7L.

As with any engine, it has limitations on it's practical application.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #193  
It's a common response in forum discussions. You hurt the feelings of those that have faith in the 2.7L.

If people get their feelings hurt over an issue with a motor they like, then they may as well walk. Every single motor at one time or another had some type of issue.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #194  
If people get their feelings hurt over an issue with a motor they like, then they may as well walk. Every single motor at one time or another had some type of issue.

Yep..

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #195  
Yes, and the 5.3 Chevy gasser had its share of issues as all engines do.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #196  

So you are saying that a modern pickup should be expected overheat and puke coolant, atf, throw codes turn on idiot lights, etc from going 50 miles 60-80MPH?

I am saying that no stock pickup that is in good condition which was made in the last 10 years by any major truck brand should have a problem with making a 50-100 mile drive at 60-80MPH (or a 50 mile drive down dirt roads at 30-60MPH) when placed in "drive" and driven, and if it does, there is something wrong with it.

Aaron Z

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #197  
So you are saying that a modern pickup should be expected overheat and puke coolant, atf, throw codes turn on idiot lights, etc from going 50 miles 60-80MPH?

I am saying that no stock pickup that is in good condition which was made in the last 10 years by any major truck brand should have a problem with making a 50-100 mile drive at 60-80MPH (or a 50 mile drive down dirt roads at 30-60MPH) when placed in "drive" and driven, and if it does, there is something wrong with it.

Aaron Z
There is NO credible evidence that the 2.7 eco has the isssues you describe. Just the opinion of someone who has a bad uplifter/dealer. There are MANY satisfied 2.7 owners on TBN that I would rather take the opinion of.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #198  

Aaron Z

I went back and reread posts looking for the scenario you describe. I didn't find it. Maybe you can guide me to it? Thanks.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #199  
^^ I assume it was post 189

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #200  
^^ I assume it was post 189

That post doesn't even begin to say what was said in post 202 by Aaron. Not even close. Figured that's what would be referenced. :)