Ford 7.3L Gas Engine

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine
Some engine builders out there in YouTube land are saying the bottom end on the 7.3L with its 6 bolt main bearing caps, forged crank, and pistons/rings from the turbo motors should be good for 1500hp.

Time will tell, but that’s been mentioned a few times in my reading. Of course, if it’s on the internet it must be true right?

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #272  
Some engine builders out there in YouTube land are saying the bottom end on the 7.3L with its 6 bolt main bearing caps, forged crank, and pistons/rings from the turbo motors should be good for 1500hp.

Time will tell, but that痴 been mentioned a few times in my reading. Of course, if it痴 on the internet it must be true right?
May be a strong bottom end, but it still had those Siamese cylinders!!!
orig.gif

SR

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #273  
With HP and Torque numbers rising the operator of a manual truck needs to be very careful how that power is applied.

660lb was the twist the last Cummins 6.7 diesels put out in 6-speed manual trim in the RAMS, limit of the G56.

So the gassers still have some room, for Ford had the ZF6-650 good for 650 ft lb, my old 7.3 powerstroke @ 500 ft/lb torque had a ZF6 :)

What Killed Off the Manual Transmission? | DrivingLine

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #274  
660lb was the twist the last Cummins 6.7 diesels put out in 6-speed manual trim in the RAMS, limit of the G56.

So the gassers still have some room, for Ford had the ZF6-650 good for 650 ft lb, my old 7.3 powerstroke @ 500 ft/lb torque had a ZF6 :)

What Killed Off the Manual Transmission? | DrivingLine
Handling that hp and especially torque at 3500 rpm or higher is accomplished far easier than at 1500-2000 rpm.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #275  
No. Do you use the message function? I almost went with another Platinum but when I saw the black sport package I decided to go with the Lariat

I think the Platinum is cheaper than an optioned to the limit lariat but I wanted the black grill. Manufactures must make a killing on option packages

I do use it on mine...actually has to get repaired because it stopped working on the drivers seat..

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #276  
Nice truck, plenty of power for going to the garden center empty. Rides hard, 7MPG first tank. Needs a louder exhaust. Love the $1400 LED headlamp option.

The locker option and LSD front diff are incredible for banging around the land.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #277  

Time will tell, but thatç—´ been mentioned a few times in my reading. Of course, if itç—´ on the internet it must be true right?

Looks Like TFL had their SD Godzilla test truck Supercharged

This Supercharged Ford Super Duty Will Blow You Away... Literally! - YouTube

5.23 seconds to 60 MPH That is cooking... Maybe next towing up the IKE
short regular tow test with 15 k behind ~16 sec to 60

Goodbye Warranty??

Last edited:
   / Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #278  
^^^^ amazing truck.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #280  
I that that time is faster than an F150 eco. Granted bigger engine but also a heavier truck. Screamer.