Ford 7.3L Gas Engine

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #31  
Hmmmm, have you driven a Super Duty lately? We have covered this already back a few months ago.. Same result..

Did you miss the era truck I’d drive part? I think they fixed that problem years ago. And no I’ve never driven a new Ford with 6 wheels. Doesn’t matter, I’ll never buy one.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #32  
I really thought it would break 500, on both numbers.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #33  
So for those interested, here is a discussion with the Ford guys putting together charts on HP vs Torque.
Yeah may not seem like much of an improvement for some. We all have a different baseline of what we expect for performance.
Ford did not spend years testing this engine for mediocre performance.
The target audience will be fleet owners, the RV'r, the F550/750 etc., all those like me that tow heavy but not often enough to justify a oil burner.
The local electric Co-Op uses the 6.2l for their service trucks. Low down time, maintenance and lower up front cost of the 6.7L.

7.3 L gas HP/TQ numbers out - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

It was only three pages yesterday and heh see how quick it grew.
So enjoy for those in the market for a beefier engine/tranny (no not hollywood!) this may fill the ticket.
Also interested in MPGs but may have to wait until Dec. for some numbers after the new truck have a few thousand miles on them.
I'm so satisfied with my 6.2L and though its a 3.73 and not the 4.30, she works just fine.
I'm an old man I don't care if it pisses off people when I enter the roadway towing my Kioti and takes a few extra seconds to get to my 65 cruising speed....:D

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #34  
People that are "bashing" this thing are crazy. Do they not understand how physics work and how torqy this thing is off idle. I'm a diesel guy and I must say, I'm impressed. If this motor gets mated to 4.30 gears it will pull anything just fine...even in a medium duty truck.

Have they released the HP and Torque graphs yet? Why would they put 4.30 gears under it? Being that it will be mated with the 10 speed trans, there is no reason for high ratio gears.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #35  
Have they released the HP and Torque graphs yet? Why would they put 4.30 gears under it? Being that it will be mated with the 10 speed trans, there is no reason for high ratio gears.
Yes, follow the link I provided, more graph the Dow Jones...

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #36  

See post #5 in this thread.

The torque curve looks like a diesel. It's amazing they can get that with a gas motor.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #37  
I think they’re sandbagging. Give it two to three years and poof, the real numbers will come out.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #38  
Pushrod and no boost. Interesting how designs go full circle.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine #39  
I'm sure they are using some sort of variable cam/valve/lift to get better numbers. It is the age we are in now.

/ Ford 7.3L Gas Engine
I’m sure Ford engineered in a good amount of “top cover” for when Chevy and Ram build the next “best in class” HP and torque numbers. I could see it easily hitting 500ft/lb+ numbers.