Ford Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ford Production #81  
The two Ford dealers in Alaska have zero new F-350's and only 2-3 F-250's.

/ Ford Production #82  
Been waiting for a new Miller welder which is delayed due to the chip shortage and Miller just jacked up their prices a significant amount because of the increase in prices they are paying for what chips they are getting.

In hindsight, kinda makes sense that Apple got back into making their own CPUs again.
Not just the cost if the chips but the overall cost of all the materials. Can you say 'inflation'? Steel is up over 250% from just a year ago and so is everything else. When the suppliers raise their prices, so do the builders.

I expect new vehicle prices to at least increase 30% this year. That 80 grand Kong Ranch will be 100 grand.

/ Ford Production #83  
The Freightliner / Western Star dealership I retired from is having a terrible time getting parts. Trucks are starting to sit from no repair parts.

If you want a new truck (commercial unit), lead time presently is a year. Every road truck eventually needs repair parts, things wear out. No parts means fewer trucks on the road transporting goods like groceries for instance or motor fuel to your gas station, which means more shortages. It's a 'domino' effect and you as a consumer are at the end of the supply chain line.

IC chips are just a small part of the overall picture. Everything you use or eat or need is about to increase in price, substantially. Called inflation.

/ Ford Production #85  
Not just the cost if the chips but the overall cost of all the materials. Can you say 'inflation'? Steel is up over 250% from just a year ago and so is everything else. When the suppliers raise their prices, so do the builders.

I expect new vehicle prices to at least increase 30% this year. That 80 grand Kong Ranch will be 100 grand.

I just recently ordered my Superduty and it was only up by about $600 from 2021 pricing.

/ Ford Production #86  
I just recently ordered my Superduty and it was only up by about $600 from 2021 pricing.
The difference between now and a year ago is that you actually could order a truck. I went through the process with Ford, Chevrolet, and Toyota last summer and after filling out everything I was looking for it would find trucks "Simliar to what I want"... sort of. Then I would get a message to the effect of "Type in your zip code and we will direct you to your nearest dealer." Remember when they had these things called "The Yellow Pages" which would accomplish the same thing? They didn't even need electricity or internet service.

$600 doesn't seem like a bad price increase, as they generally do go up each year.

Last edited:
   / Ford Production #87  
I chose to put off finishing my shop because of material prices. The cost to build my house was up probably 25-30% above budget, and I can't/won't finish what's not required.

I've heard from a number of folks that they were putting projects on hold. That's gotta have some effect on the economy?

Maybe the folks on the dole will make up for my delay, they just got another extension.

/ Ford Production #88  
Local Ford stealership lot is almost empty, no trucks whatsoever. Maybe 35-40 cars.
Service going like gangbusters. My Ford diesel tech buddy has been worked to death, says trucks are going un-repaired now. Says dealer service is blaming unavailability of parts.

/ Ford Production #89  
I chose to put off finishing my shop because of material prices. The cost to build my house was up probably 25-30% above budget, and I can't/won't finish what's not required.

I've heard from a number of folks that they were putting projects on hold. That's gotta have some effect on the economy?

Maybe the folks on the dole will make up for my delay, they just got another extension.

I walked through a Home Depot the other day and almost fell over. $7.49 for a standard grade 8' 2 x 4. I can see the construction boom we have today coming to a crashing halt due to material prices.

/ Ford Production #90  
I’m rebuilding my deck. Getting ready to pay funny munny for treated 2x10’s
But gotta keep the boss happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.