Ford Superduty 6.2 questions?

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #21  
Had a '14 F350 SRW 6.2 , came out of a 7.3 Diesel F350 and A 5.9 Cummins Dodge. No gripes with the 6.2, was a very nice ride. Upgraded to Godzilla 7.3 with 10 speed , wow, didn't know what I was missing ! Whole new ball game with at least 3 MPG better, sometimes 6 !
What axle ratio do you have?

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #22  
I have a 2015 lariat f250, 4x4, 8ft bed, super crew. It is a beast. Purchased from an oil rig company, it was the supervisors truck. It was well used, but in immaculate shape (except the bed, which shows how much stuff was put in it). 195k miles on it now, almost 10500 engine hours!!!!!

Pulls everything without a problem. Rated for 3k+ lbs in the bed. I've put 3600lbs of sand in the bed. Handled it well, never hit the bump stops. It is our farm truck, not a daily. We pull a 4 horse slant with living quarters, round hay bales, etc. Have the 3.73 axle, so it gets about 12.5mpg unloaded. I never tow faster than 70mph, and it will consistently stay a out 10-11 mpg on the highway (fairly flat and level in eastern NC. With me and a full tank of fuel, it tips the scales right at 7800lbs.

My only a couple issues so far, one has been a bad wire harness to the backup camera (replaced the loom that was in the tailgate, $35 fix and 30 mins of time). Another was a failure of the interior adjustable side mirror switch to fold the towing mirrors closed. 1st world problem, but a $15 fix with a new switch from Amazon. It currently has a slight leak on the high timing chain cover on the left bank. Doesn't loose any measurable oil during the change interval (at least nothing on the dipstick), almost more like some idiot spilled some oil out the fill hole when doing an oil change.

I would buy one again in a heartbeat. I upgraded from an 06 Ram 2500 megacab..
20210605_141009.jpg

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #23  
I know you specially asked about the 6.2 which I've not heard much bad about but don't rule out the 7.3 gas. I've got a 2020 F250 with the Godzilla and am more than happy with it. I pull gooseneck about half the time, get 14+ mpg unloaded and 8 mpg pulling 15k lbs. I don't ever get in a big hurry loaded but could if I wanted to. This engine will do anything the diesel will do, it just revs higher and works a little harder. I'm right at 30k miles and haven't had a single issue. Only complaint is the aluminum bed dents if you breathe on it hard. Unless you pull heavy loads every day, I can't see owning one of the new diesels. The 6.2 will do great but check out the 7.3 with the 10speed.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #24  
Curious about the 6.2 Gasser in the Ford Superduty trucks. Don't hear too many complaints on reliability of them, which is a good thing. Next truck will be getting back in to a fullsize, would like a gas HD 4x4.

For those that run an F Superduty with the 6,2, would love to hear your review on it. No interest in a diesel, and the new 6.8/7.3 gasser is more than I want to spend

Looking at F250 6.2 gas 4x4.

Thanks.
Number one they don’t produce 6.8 yet but if they do it’s only to reduce their costs. The 6.2 is strong and reliable and if you’re towing 12,000 pounds or less it’s the better engine choice and price point. I use my 2017 for lawn business and it is my boss bull. Beware new unproven engines let the manufacturer work out the real world bugs after few years.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #25  
I bought a 2021 F350 supercab 6.2 in the fall of 2020. What I specifically wanted was a F250 supercab 6.2 with the 10 speed, zero bells and whistles - even manual windows and locks. Like a fleet rig. The dealer kept coming ack to me with fully loaded rigs with the big gasser.

I finally threw up me hands in frustration and built on on Ford's website. I found out that that for, at least in 2021 anyway, the only way you can get the 10 speed is with the power stroke or the big gasser. But if I built the F350 with my desired (lack of) options I could get the 6.2 with the 10 speed. The F350 isn't that much more than the F250 anyway for what I was getting, in my opinion. The dealer wasn't happy when I brought the printout in and ordered it.

So to answer the OP's question, the 6.2 has been all I need. The 10 speed is excellent and like a cvt its so smooth. I rarely pull but more often haul 1000# ++ of feed. Our 'road in' is 1.5 miles of extremely rough and STEEP 2 track logging trail on private land. Needless to say the heavier duty everything on the F350 fits the demands with out a flinch.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #26  
Monster Diesel,
Its interesting that you said that, because I have a 2017 F150 with the 5.0L engine and have had real good luck with it ! I change my oil every 5K, I put 7.75 qts in and when I change it I get the same amount out ! But I have heard from owners that have the same engine in their 2018 or 2019 F150 and they are burning oil ! Evidently the manufacturer did something with the piston rings and created a problem with that motor that shouldnt have happened ! You would think that they would leave well enough alone !
Number one they don’t produce 6.8 yet but if they do it’s only to reduce their costs. The 6.2 is strong and reliable and if you’re towing 12,000 pounds or less it’s the better engine choice and price point. I use my 2017 for lawn business and it is my boss bull. Beware new unproven engines let the manufacturer work out the real world bugs after few years.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #27  
Monster Diesel,
Its interesting that you said that, because I have a 2017 F150 with the 5.0L engine and have had real good luck with it ! I change my oil every 5K, I put 7.75 qts in and when I change it I get the same amount out ! But I have heard from owners that have the same engine in their 2018 or 2019 F150 and they are burning oil ! Evidently the manufacturer did something with the piston rings and created a problem with that motor that shouldnt have happened ! You would think that they would leave well enough alone !
In 2018 they changed the liners in the 5.0. They were regular steel liners in 2017 and in 2018 they switched to a plasma welded liner. Not sure that is the correct term but something similar. They are still doing that I think they have sorted it out but I think 2018’s were more likely to have the high oil consumption. Yeah, they should’ve left well enough alone.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #28  
I have a 2019 F250 Lariat, with the 6.2, with 45000 miles. Always had diesel to tow with until they got so burdened with emissions. I was plugging the exhaust filters. (not enough highway miles). I've been really happy with this truck, so happy I just order another F250 with the 7.3. Ford is dropping the 6.2 and moving on to the 6.8 and 7.3, both gas. To bad we weren't closer, this has been an awesome truck and will make someone a very good used truck. I get 8 to 10 mpg towing loaded and 14 mpg at 70 MPH on interstate. My max load is 14000 lbs when my tractor is on the trailer. It will maintain speed without any problem, just sometimes needs 4000 rpm's to pull steeper hills.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #29  
I have a 6.2 in a 2015 F250 4x4 extra cab with an 8 ft bed (steel body). Great truck. No problems. Gets 13-14 mpg.

I got scared away from buying a "real" truck that year as 2015 was the first year for def in the oil burners.
2011 was the first year of DEF Powerstrokes. The 6.7L Powerstroke. 2008 (6.4L) was the first year of DPF. There wasn’t a Powerstroke in 2007 but that is the year the EPA emission regulations were such that DPF was needed to meet.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #30  
2022 F 250 Superduty with 6200 miles .

Solid truck so far but only time will tell.

So I will treat her kindly and be diligent with the maintenance .

10 miles or less to the gallon under load or not .
97C67B26-912B-469F-97D5-C21A80BCBA4C.jpeg