Fords aluminium body

/ Fords aluminium body #31  
I have a 2014 F150 and no issues, but it's not a work truck. I also have a 2020 F250 that's a work truck and I've noticed it will dent easily. Little dings etc. I haven't checked to see if they can do "paintless" dent repair on dings with the aluminum body.

/ Fords aluminium body #32  
2015 was the first model year Ford went to the all-aluminum body. Prior to that, Ford and many other companies used aluminum for selected panels (often hood, roof, and trunk/hatch) but not the entire body. Chevy/GMC have used aluminum hoods on their trucks for a while and now the doors are aluminum too. But the rest of the body is steel. Ford is unique in doing the entire body in aluminum, which is a big difference.

/ Fords aluminium body #33  
2015 was the first model year Ford went to the all-aluminum body. Prior to that, Ford and many other companies used aluminum for selected panels (often hood, roof, and trunk/hatch) but not the entire body. Chevy/GMC have used aluminum hoods on their trucks for a while and now the doors are aluminum too. But the rest of the body is steel. Ford is unique in doing the entire body in aluminum, which is a big difference.

Right, Ford had the 1st full "truck" body in Aluminum.

Tesla Models like the S are almost all Aluminum as well

Early pioneer of Aluminum
Range Rovers and especially the Land Rover (thinking Late 60's and 70's) had a lot of Aluminum . also Range Rover's were powered by Buicks Aluminum 215 V8 engine

Last edited:
   / Fords aluminium body #34  
Right, Ford had the 1st full "truck" body in Aluminum.

Tesla Models like the S are almost all Aluminum as well

Early pioneer of Aluminum
Range Rovers and especially the Land Rover (thinking Late 60's and 70's) had a lot of Aluminum . also Range Rover's were powered by Buicks Aluminum 215 V8 engine
I was working at an Alfa Romeo dealer back in the mid-70s and we had a customer bring in his 1965 GTA production race car (street legal) and it was all aluminum bodied. The reason he brought it in was to get it ready for sale and the major concern was that he had left it in his driveway a day or two and the ACORNS fell on it and there were hundreds of tiny dings in that fire engine red paint job!!

I had a '61 Olds F85 that had the 215 V8 that I had purchased for $25 - the car was in excellent shape except for one spark plug hole that was stripped clean-out. I used a greased tap and tapped it for an 18mm Ford spark plug (GM used 14mm spark plugs) and drove it out of the guy's yard and the next couple of years. That was one screaming small block with the factory 4 bbl.

/ Fords aluminium body #35  
I was stuck in a bad hailstorm a couple of weeks ago. My F150 was pelted with quarter sized hail and when I got home, there were no dings whatsoever!

/ Fords aluminium body #37  
I have a 17 F450 4x4 dump truck, so the cab is aluminum. Its out in foul weather and when the roads are covered in salt and mag chloride. ..Replaced the exhaust manifolds at 5K miles due to rust and the front as well as rear roars at 5k due to rust. Its brutal. This spring I need to blast and paint the frame and dump hoist to save it. ..The cab..still looks perfect.

/ Fords aluminium body #39  
I think he meant rotors/

/ Fords aluminium body #40  
You do realize that GM is also using aluminum body panels as well?
Fiber beds too, in Denali and Toyota has it in the Tundra (new for 22) and Tacoma.