Forty Grand? For a Stove?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #83  
I know people that swear by physical GOLD (BTW, it's not something I would consider wise telling people you have "in spades" on the Internet),
Aside from the Government confiscating it, maybe more than buy you a loaf of bread (and how might that work) , it might just get you killed, tortured or both.
Many of us bought gold and clowns on the net called us all fools and told us it wasn’t a good investment. Gold and to a lesser degree, silver will be the “standard” to which we will go back to after the impending collapse......................IF we are smart, but we’re not, so we probably won’t..... lol

Last edited:
   / Forty Grand? For a Stove? #84  
If the past year has taught us anything it's that living in an urban center is hazardous to your health. Disease, crime, riots, etc. Brick and mortar is dying, theaters are dying, and pro sports are getting eaten by the woke, so there's no longer a lot of the perks that urban life used to have outside of maybe schools. Now that so many have figured out that they can work from home (and companies want this too to save $$$) you're going to see many major cities death spiral ala Detroit, where the only people still there are the ones unable to leave.
Just heard yesterday Detroit was once the 5th most populated city in the US, now it’s 24th!
Crime, lousy education system, high taxes and the death of the American made automobile were listed as the primary reasons.

Last edited:
   / Forty Grand? For a Stove? #85  
Well - now we have tennis ball shortages. First, they were all stuck behind the ship blocking the canal.

Now, they are all stuck in China due to a new COVID outbreak.

Next, they will be stuck in LA waiting to be unloaded from all the cargo in backlog.

Oh the horror!

MoKelly
Sure hope my Lab does not run out of her tennis balls.
"The ball"....is her life!

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #86  
guess I ain't got it so bad. Just picked up a "new" stove for my wife. a Crawford-Century made in the Walker and Pratt foundry in Boston MA about 1930. Cost? Free. Guy wanted $150 by the time my wife was done he thanked us for hauling it away. Of course I now have to find a away to enlarge her tiny kitchen to accommodate a wood cook stove. Oh well.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #87  
Many of us bought gold and clowns on the net called us all fools and told us it wasn’t a good investment. Gold and to a lesser degree, silver will be the “standard” to which we will go back to after the impending collapse......................IF we are smart, but we’re not, so we probably won’t..... lol
More greedy than smart is most likely why.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #89  
Some will spend $40K on a stove. Others will spend $72K on a new Power Wagon.

Who among us will judge either to be a fool.........