Forward reverse pedal

/ Forward reverse pedal #1  

RoninNY

Tractor
2005 Case IH DX33 , 1953 TO30
Has anyone had this problem. I have a 2004 Case/IH DX33. One of the major problems I have is the forward/reverse pedal does not self return back to neutral on its own. Not a good situation in tight quarters. I have looked, lubed and so far have not found where it is either binding or causing it not to return. If anyone has had this issue, I would live to hear about it. Thanks.

/ Forward reverse pedal #2  
Give the dealer call might be just adjustment.

/ Forward reverse pedal #3  
Forward AND reverse spring tension have lost their "springallity". After approximately 16 years of use, I'd replace them anyway.

["springallity" is so a word.]

/ Forward reverse pedal #4  
Forward AND reverse spring tension have lost their "springallity". After approximately 16 years of use, I'd replace them anyway.

["springallity" is so a word.]

I love that word!!

/ Forward reverse pedal
Hello all, and a follow up on this thread. Dug into it yesterday, and found no springs that would return the pedal back to neutral. But after searching I did find a very very hard to find zerk fitting on the HST shaft. Looks like it has never been greased in 15 years. I still think the zerk needs replacing but i was able to force enough lube to be able to free up the pedal. Works much better and glad to find the trouble. Thanks all for the input.

/ Forward reverse pedal #6  
Hello all, and a follow up on this thread. Dug into it yesterday, and found no springs that would return the pedal back to neutral. But after searching I did find a very very hard to find zerk fitting on the HST shaft. Looks like it has never been greased in 15 years. I still think the zerk needs replacing but i was able to force enough lube to be able to free up the pedal. Works much better and glad to find the trouble. Thanks all for the input.

Ahhh... the old 'hidden zerk that isn't shown in the Owner Manual' trick.

I had mine (4105) shown to me by my Dealership's mechanic when I asked about a couple of grease nipples that were indicated on the front wheels axle, but I couldn't find. The Manual wasn't updated midway through production (too expensive). The pedal 'zerk' had been added, but wasn't shown.