four wheel drive

/ four wheel drive #1  

mossnc

Tractor
none
Lost my 4 wheel drive on my MT125, anyone else have this problem?
t

/ four wheel drive #2  
You need to supply more information. Any noise? What were you doing when it stopped working? Does the shifter move correctly? Do you run in 4 x 4 all the time? The more details the better the answers will be.

/ four wheel drive
i was moving dirt , had the bucket full and was backing up in four wheel drive. Tractor stopped moving and I could hear a slipping sound. turned it off removed the boot annd what looked like a pin and small c clamp were missing. have 257 hours on it. Dealer came out and picked it up. Looks like the threads got stripped. wonder if pin and c clamp were never installed from factory because I never took the boot off, no damage to the boot. Now waiting on parts.

Thanks for replying

/ four wheel drive
here is the pic after I took the boot off

Attachments

• four wheel drive.jpg
    four wheel drive.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 181
   / four wheel drive #5  
i was moving dirt , had the bucket full and was backing up in four wheel drive. Tractor stopped moving and I could hear a slipping sound. turned it off removed the boot annd what looked like a pin and small c clamp were missing. have 257 hours on it. Dealer came out and picked it up. Looks like the threads got stripped. wonder if pin and c clamp were never installed from factory because I never took the boot off, no damage to the boot. Now waiting on parts.

Thanks for replying
Interesting hopefully it will be covered under warranty, seems like it should be fairly easy to fix once they get the proper parts

/ four wheel drive #6  
Leave them in 4x4 and things break pretty regular. Brick layer stripped drive shaft on his. We fixed it. He was working close so he drove it back. Called raising sand because it didn't work again, less than an hour afterer he left. Second time he broke axle. But he was loading dirt on a hard surface.

/ four wheel drive #7  
Weird as it didn’t look stripped.?? I get if it pulled off of the splined shaft. But this didn’t look stripped.

/ four wheel drive #8  

Thanks for replying
Same with me. Dealer is still trying to figure it out. I notice that both ends of the driveline do not have pins. Thus they can move freely along the input/output shafts. I suspect that's by design, otherwise, input/output shaft bearings would have excess pressure as the front axle flexes.

/ four wheel drive #9  
Those who run 4WD all the time are pushing their luck. Reread you owners manual on the use of 4WD.

/ four wheel drive #10  
I have read the operator's manual. Mine only says limit FWD on hard surfaces, like roadways.