Fragility and Durability of the BX

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #11  
I have been on here since 2009, and am fairly active. If the BX was a fragile, often broken machine, I think we would have heard about it here. Other than getting a stick up in the hydro fan, and some torn tie rod boots, I can't remember much derogatory statements about BXs. In fact most owners rave about how much they like them.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #12  
Nonsense, we have a 2003 BX2200 that's been and continues to be used hard and it's still in great shape as to the major components. If they are going to be used in the woods however, I strongly recommend putting fan and steering gear protection on as these are pretty susceptible to damage.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #13  
I'm a die-hard John Deere guy -- grew up in a green family and we remain one today -- but I've ALWAYS considered the Kubota BX series to be one of the most important, highest-quality packages in recent tractor-industry history. Regardless of our personal brand of choice, let's face it -- the BX has pretty much defined an entire category of tractors, and every manufacturer out there compares it's SCUT series to the BX tractors. You cannot reach the "icon" status that the BX series has obtained without being a VERY high quality machine.

Like the BMW 3-series did for 2-door sports coupes, or the 911 did for high-performance sports cars -- the BX has become the definition of performance and quality in the SCUT category. I may not own one, but I have nothing but respect for that little tractor.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #14  
I have been on here since 2009, and am fairly active. If the BX was a fragile, often broken machine, I think we would have heard about it here. Other than getting a stick up in the hydro fan, and some torn tie rod boots, I can't remember much derogatory statements about BXs. In fact most owners rave about how much they like them.

Agree, in fact people rave about them so much Ive thought about getting one just because and I kinda miss my smaller b7500

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX
i like the Missouri comment and agree that there will always be the one guy who thinks something different that the masses. I just thought I would share this statement to spark debate. I for one over analyze everything and read till I'm blue in the face before I do anything. I figured I would have seen something about "fragile" when researching how to spend 15000 dollars of my hard earned money.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #16  
As my 4th grade English teacher used to say "consider the source".

Specifically he stated the differential was the over engineered but under supported

There's a contradiction that raises red flags, for me, anyways.

From what I've read over the past few years, here on TBN, and from conversations that I've had with BX owners, I have to conclude that the BX line has proven it's durability and utility under fire. Abuse due to "casual" maintenance and from operators with "big tractor expectations" is an environment that will quickly expose any weakness in a machine, but the BX tractors appear to just take it and ask for more.

Last edited:
   / Fragility and Durability of the BX #17  
I would be curious of this "mechanic" worked for Kubota or a competing manufacturer.I don't own a BX either but have read nothing but good about them.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #18  
Fragile? Ridiculous! Durable? So far... definitely! I have worked mine extremely hard knowing the KTAC warranty would cover anything. The little thing is a beast!!! And a heck of a lot of fun too! :cool2::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #19  
I own one, a BX 2370-1. Got it new last fall. I broke the pin of the bucket right side when I pinned a tree (operator error). Other than that.... Hahahahahahahaha....Best money I ever spent in equipment. I dont ever see another riding mower in my future. I dig like its going out of style. I also try and take good care of it and make sure I learn it limits before it teaches me them. 10 out of 10 SCUT perfect for small acreage estates.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #20  
My BX is anything but fragile, I brought mine to my cousins ranch to do work over ther with it, I pushed that thing way more than I ever have and that thing is still as strong as it was when we first bought it. My cousin thought that my BX2370 was a toy until I brought it to his ranch. He was speechless after he saw everything that it could do!