Fragility and Durability of the BX

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #21  
I can't remember a single post on TBN that would suggest/support that, and let's admit it, we see quite a few "I broke my tractor doing something dumb" posts (though the "doing something dumb" is sometimes added from comments, and not the OP). If the BX was fragile, I'd bet money we'd learn about it on TBN.

I do recall a semi-recent post where someone cracked the rear case on a B or BX, but that was due to some sort of shock load coming through the PTO, and not surprising.

I think this is the thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ouble-post3948167.html?highlight=#post3948167

Looks like the stump grinder slip clutch was to tight

When i read the specs for that grinder, I thought it was to big for a BX but the 2 sizes were combined on the ad page , so a 50 series grinder with a properly adjusted slip clutch appears to be ok

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #22  
I bought mine after seeing what my father-in-law did with his BX22 for 11 years. It still ran like a champ when he traded it toward an L3301. He definitely abused it badly, and it has never been to the shop for anything. He even routinely ran implements that were larger than recommended.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #23  
I own a BX-25. I have always said that this tractor is a little pit bull. I have also said that this machine is one of the easiest starting machines I have ever owned. I just popped its battery back in after giving it a 4-month winter nap--bang--started on the first key turn.

Attachments

• Kubota BX25 with Stone.jpg
    Kubota BX25 with Stone.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 103
   / Fragility and Durability of the BX #24  
Mechanics see abused, broken tractors in the shop, all the time.

Reasonably operated tractors are not in the shop, they are at home.

However, buy enough tractor.

+1. What everyone thinks of as "abused" varies some. Some folk feel cause they paid out hard earned dollars on a machine and are working it hard, they are "abusing" it simply because it's not mowing grass or setting in a shed under a cover. Just cause they feel they put some abuse on it and it came through fine, doesn't mean they're even in the same class of lUser that truly and legitimately abuses it in the worst ways imaginable (which are the ones the shops see).

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #25  
the legendary BX with 2400 hours...

2400 doesnt seem like a legendary amount, although it would be hard to imagine 2400 hrs of homeowner use, there would ne no yard left. I guess few people use BX commercially?

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #26  
it would be hard to imagine 2400 hrs of homeowner use, there would ne no yard left.

You need to meet the old lady across the street from me... She mows so much I tell the wife she's not mowing, she just wears the grass down... Sometimes 6 and 7 hours a day, at least every other day. (and she has a yard that can be cut in under an hour...)

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #27  
2400 doesnt seem like a legendary amount, although it would be hard to imagine 2400 hrs of homeowner use, there would ne no yard left. I guess few people use BX commercially?

That BX in the video had tumbled down a ravine and left to rot... when it got hauled out months later it was back on the job...

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #28  
That BX in the video had tumbled down a ravine and left to rot... when it got hauled out months later it was back on the job...

The so called lug nuts on that tractor speak volumes about the owner/operator.
Some people just shouldn't be allowed near machinery of any sort.

Last edited:
   / Fragility and Durability of the BX #29  
Been following BX threads/reports/etc for over 6 years now and never seen anything to even suggest this is true. The only thing I would go so far as saying is fragile is the hydro fan and that is an easy fix.

/ Fragility and Durability of the BX #30  
I had 1250 hours on my 2200 when I traded it. It was perfect and if I could have financially swung it, I would have gladly kept it. I used it far harder than the B2620 that replaced it.

Will