FRANZEN Chain Sharpping Machine at my STHIL Dealers shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / FRANZEN Chain Sharpping Machine at my STHIL Dealers shop. #1  

happysawer

Silver Member
Tractor
starting to look a them
This is one of the two FRANZEN Chain Sharpping Machines at my local STHIL Dealers Shop.
Franzen Maschinenbau GmbH: Chain sharpener - The Franzen
Chainsaw Chain sharpping Mach. Smiths 11042020 (2).jpeg

/ FRANZEN Chain Sharpping Machine at my STHIL Dealers shop.
that is quite the thing.

They gave me a demo. of shaarpping a chain after setting the chains tooth data, and installing chain on machine it does everthing itself, it index's each tooth grinds both sides also grinds the rake.
And it's fast they charge $8 per. chain if off bar then just $3 more if they remove it.

/ FRANZEN Chain Sharpping Machine at my STHIL Dealers shop. #4  
At $12000 per machine they would need to sharpen a lot of chains.

At $12000 per machine they would need to sharpen a lot of chains.

They have been around almst 50 years i have been a customer 40+ years, they want to give customers quality service at a fair price, i am sure they are not worried about quickly paying off their two machines.

/ FRANZEN Chain Sharpping Machine at my STHIL Dealers shop. #6  
Neat that it's in a Stihl enclosure. Makes you wonder if they bought or lease it from Stihl.
As for as the cost of the machine for them as a business they would use the section 179 deduction if they purchased it so they could fully depreciate it out the year they bought it. The tax benefit plus the reduction in labor it would be making money faster than one would think I'm sure (for a busy / larger shop).

Neat that it's in a Stihl enclosure. Makes you wonder if they bought or lease it from Stihl.
As for as the cost of the machine for them as a business they would use the section 179 deduction if they purchased it so they could fully depreciate it out the year they bought it. The tax benefit plus the reduction in labor it would be making money faster than one would think I'm sure (for a busy / larger shop).

This makes me think i should not have posted it.

/ FRANZEN Chain Sharpping Machine at my STHIL Dealers shop. #8  
I had one but found it too heavy and needed a generator when taking it to the woods! :laughing::D

Easy to find quality discount chains and and files are inexpensive.

I had one but found it too heavy and needed a generator when taking it to the woods! :laughing::D

Easy to find quality discount chains and and files are inexpensive.

This makes me think i am wasting my time posting anything here.

/ FRANZEN Chain Sharpping Machine at my STHIL Dealers shop. #10  
He just has me intrigued to see what a half million dollar sharpen looks like. I know my buddy has 5 sharpeners and that any good stihl dealer have too and are 15,000 new and around 10,000 used. I just think somebody is blowing smoke up someones ;)

===== ((((Originally Posted by happysawer View Post
Now i have a new STHIL chain on it but now nothing to cut. My dealer has two 1/2 million dollar chainsaw chain sharping systems, charges $8 dollars a chain takes about a minuet to do sharping.))))))

View attachment 675021

Those are not the half million a piece like you were told and said here in my junk chainsaw thread. My friend has 5 of those. $15K new and $10K used.

Thanks though. I knew someone was blowing smoke telling you a half million for a sharpener

frazen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.